Body bushings

fast NY Six

Is there any kit that’s better than another? Any USA made ones? Is urethane not recommended? Any info is greatly appreciated

I have the urethane ones plus GNX bushings. My suspension is basically stock. The car rides pretty tight and isn’t too harsh. People who have ridden in my car usually say it feels tight for a G body. From what I understand the rubber ones work well too but give an obvious softer feel. Our cars didn’t have the GNX bushings originally plus some bushings are usually left out. I like a more harsher ride and did not want to do it again so I choose the poly. Make sure you soak the bolts/nuts with a penetrating spray for a couple of days. Probably wouldn’t hurt to change the nuts/bolts out to a better quality.

energy suspension poly is supposed to yield the most harsh ride

Prothane is supposed to be not as harsh as energy suspension poly

Mike's Monte's has a repro rubber factory kit. same as what kirban's and classic industries sells. and he has the prothane kit. shipping from classic is like $30 whereas from Mike's is like half that.
http://www.mikesmontes.com/Suspension-Body-Mount-Parts_c_83.html

prothane and energy on jegs and summit as well
https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/sto...294829204&submodel=4294829200&year=4294829839

some like the washers to be incorporated into the bushing. so that leaves the factory rubber ones as the choice as both the energy and prothane have washers separate from the bushings.

I have Energy Suspension's on my suspension and Prothane on my body bushings. I can't tell them apart material-wise. For all I know they are both the same parts in different boxes.

And, yes, going full poly won't make the car feel like an overstuffed couch on the freeway, but I like my chassis to be tight not feel like Jell-O.

I ended getting the prothane. They are not rigid plastic like I figured they would be. They flex a little when I squeeze them in my hand.

Good choice ! I put Prothane's in my dad's GN 20 yrs ago. They held up nice & not only that! For an 83 year old guy, he's never complained about the ride quality either.

I e-mailed him to ask when they'd be back in stock. No reply after 3 days, I ordered a set from G-body in NC. They will be in the mailbox waiting for me when I get home.

Just out of curiosity, were they in your mailbox when you got home?

4E7753E0-DE9D-4456-9CD6-0F6F3816328F.jpeg
AD4E51BD-AEAD-4C5C-AF11-6EEAC40FBD5A.jpeg
5B48E684-FD22-4EA9-935A-3F9DCCE43E84.jpeg