Bob Bailey ignition module

You can barely see it in this pic, but it turns out that the mounting bolt spacing on the top side of the LS2 coil bracket is the same as the valve cover spacing. I just used valve cover bolts with the studs on them to mount the coils with hardly any modification. The coil brackets were from a 2005 truck if I recall correctly. If anyone interested I could take more detailed pictures.

IMG_0412.jpg

thats pretty cool.

Those finned coils are about the only coils that you cannot use with my system.

I'll check the bracket mounting hole spacing on whatever brackets I can dig up here.

Bob

not sure where they will let me park. I will probably park near Kirbans.

I'm easy to find.... :)

Bob

there actually seems to be a line forming......

I will have a unit at BG to show off...

Bob

I mentioned this since I just had Otto dyno my car at 840 RWHP @ 26# boost. Fuel pump issues kept us from pushing it further. I have the new pump in and ready to go back. Plan on pushing it to 35#. As of now, the stock coil pack and module are on it.
Could be a good test.
This of course would be up to you and Otto but I'm game.

Allan G.

there actually seems to be a line forming......

I will have a unit at BG to show off...

Bob

that indeed would be a good test. What heads + valve covers are you running?

B

Since it packs. A punch try some
040. To. 045 gaps. For idle smoothness and spark blowout also HP increases

I was there showing it off.

Testing is pretty much complete, the final testing being the long black streaks in the Drury parking lot......

We will be building them over the winter and will post when they are ready.

Stay tuned for announcements...

Bob

the easiest way to run a stock drop-in replacement is with the new style wastespark pack. It packs a big punch and is an easy swap.
bob
That sounds like it a nice easy mod. Would a 10 second car benifit from this? Would the sparkplug gap be able to be widened?

That sounds like it a nice easy mod. Would a 10 second car benifit from this? Would the sparkplug gap be able to be widened?

Yes, you should be able to open the gap up a bit. I will be playing with that some this week.

There are quite a few benefits.

There is an internal 2-step, so it will let you launch consistently, as well as save your engine from over-rev or alky-death (hitting the ECM rev limit on alky DESTROYS engines!)

There are internal LEDs for troubleshooting and setting the CAM sensor. The unit will blink trouble codes for sensor issues.

The coils that we are using, both the late-model wastespark pack, and the LS1/LS2 coils pack a big punch that does not taper off with RPM like stock.

This is just off the top of my head.

Bob

Bob are there any estimates on price yet? and will there be an option to buy as a kit with coils or w/o coils?

thks

aaron

Curious what kind of millage and how lean you pushed it. I know the e85 goes a little faster.

RL

i didn't really push it. I only had pure e85 for part of the trip.

I think it was getting between 15 and 17 on E85. When I couldn't find e85 I just threw in gas, and tweaked the Translator Pro "mainscale" a bit. By the time I got to BG, I was on almost straight unleaded but running an E85 chip (ran pretty well that way).

if you run it leaner than about 16:1 you can feel the torque fall off. so I usually run at at 16.3 : 1 or so.

Bob