Board member "phillyturbosix" feature car for the month of September.

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
His sig.~ "87 Buick Grand National w/ all the typical mods. Fresh rebuilt everything!"

9_1_04_AM14.jpg

9_1_04_AM11.jpg

Hopefully Jim will give us some info/details on this super clean ride! :cool:

The car with 5000 pounds of undercoat under it :eek:

Ive known Jim for a while now and he has a sweet car :biggrin:

ttypewe4jim said:
The car with 5000 pounds of undercoat under it :eek:

Ive known Jim for a while now and he has a sweet car :biggrin:
congrats and very nice ride :D

Thanks guys!!! :) and to think I drive this car every weekend the weather is nice! :) Ok fine a few more! :D

3-20-06-02.jpg

3-20-06-04.jpg

9_1_04_AM15.jpg

RockyGN2.jpg

awesome pics!

phillyturbosix said:
Thanks guys!!! :) and to think I drive this car every weekend the weather is nice! :) Ok fine a few more! :D

With how clean it is I am surprised you drive it at all!!! :eek: Thanks for sharing more pics :)

PS: Now I am almost ashamed to post pics of my engine bay :redface:

lol thanks again guys! That powder coating really helps to keep after the engine bay on these cars. Seems I was always fighting to keep the valve covers, TB and intake clean. Now a quick wipe and it's back to new! Ok a few more! :D

New trunk kit this past winter..

TrunkKit1.jpg

Even the Philadelphia Soul girls like the GN! :)

Pictures0023.jpg

Jim-

The "sterling silver" powdercoat you used on your engine -- do you know what exact "RAL" color was used ?

RAL is a standardized color-matching system similar to Pantone. Example of RAL color chart : http://www.ppg.com/car_indcoat/powder17.htm . But of course, these scanned-in color chips won't look very much like the actual color.

lol thanks Frank! :)

Tom: I looked at that chart and the only thing close looks like it might be that Aluminum but then again that says not available so I'm not sure. I'll be going back to him to have some other stuff done in a month or so and I'll ask him. I know he just called it Sterling Silver. Maybe there is other companys that sell the poweder? I know they are known for making up some of their own powders so maybe it's even a home made deal.. But I'll find out for you!

"sterling silver" color

Thanks, Jim.

I really like the appearance of your engine's powder coated parts, and was thinking to have some of my parts done in a similar color.

Hence my interest in the "RAL" color identification.

No problem Tom! IMO power coating everything in the engine bay on a GN is the only way to go. Easy to clean and will look like new for many many years. I like it to look good but hate to maintain it so the only way is powder! :D The metals they used on these cars for the engine were as pours as a sponge! And on the shelf spray paint only gets you about 2 years and the gunk takes over! Soon as I get over there I'll let you know! :cool: