Blownv6 misrepresented parts

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
After two private messages with no response and two posts in the stage 2 section I finally received this message. "Im sorry but 4 months later you bring this up!! As far as Im concerned I sent you 2 good cranks. Good luck. Mike"

I guess it's my fault that I waited so long to look but I'd like to think I can trust a member on here with 1600 messages since 2004. My mistake.

So here is the story so no one else gets beat.

In mid December of 2012 I purchased two turbo cranks from Mike (Blownv6) and when I received them I opened the boxes and verified that they were turbo cranks. I did not inspect them thoroughly.

A few days ago I was at my garage cleaning up a bit and straightening out when I decided to pull the cranks from their boxes. Upon inspection of one of the cranks i see that two of the rods have big gouges in them and the sides are chipped. I did not completely inspect the other crank yet.

He described these cranks as "In my opinion both just need to be polished to be used".

Mikes opinion is worth even less than his name is. Here is the link to the for sale thread.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/turbo-crank-std-std.387188/#post-3131299

Now I understand that it's been four months but the facts remain the same. I feel that even if I inspected the cranks upon receiving them he would have still tried to snake his way out of this.

This douchebag knew exactly what he was selling. Junk!

These crank are absolutely NOT in the condition he described.

BEWARE!

Here are some photos of his "Just need polishing" cranks.

2013-05-01_14.08.04-1.jpg
2013-05-01_14.08.24-1.jpg
2013-05-01_14.08.36-1.jpg
2013-05-01_14.09.18-1.jpg
2013-05-01_14.10.05-1.jpg
2013-05-01_14.10.59-1.jpg

2013-05-01_14.13.04-1.jpg

Thats what a good crank looks like? They are junk. I guess you can have them welded and machined but that would be a lot of extra money. That sucks. I would get the admin involved with this one. We don't need meatsticks on here selling junk and knowing they are selling junk. He knows what he sold you that's what really sucks. Good luck with this one

In my opinion both just need to be polished to be used. They are used cranks so there is some scuffing on journals as normal teardown would show. No spun/hot or otherwise reason to need to turn them.
I'ld like to see polishing fix that.:rolleyes:

Hope he comes through for you. I purchased an ATI balancer from him off if eBay. It didn't work for me so I returned it and he gave me a full refund.

What do you want us to do? We have zero power over what gets bought and sold here. Thats why its "buyer beware." When stuff goes sideways, its not like we can drive to people's houses and get you your money back.

Once again I want to bring up that I have made countless suggestions on improving the buy/sell experience here. I even tried to get a 3rd party mediator involved to make sure stuff like this doesnt happen but no one wants that. The company wanted a small cut of the sale, which is totally reasonable to me, but no one wanted to give that up. No one wants to limit access to the for sale section, no one wants to do anything until someone gets ripped off then the mods are supposed to "do something." Ive been trying to do something but all I ever get is pushback.

But, I agree, Mike should make this right. Those cranks were for sure misrepresented.

I'm sure mike will make it right. Hes a good guy. Are you sure that nick wasn't from something dropping on it in your garage or during shipping? I highly doubt mike would send something out with that kind of damage. He's no dummy.

I know you can't make anyone refund money Jay. I just don't think someone should be allowed to have access to the sight after clearly misrepresenting a sale. Especially if he's done it before like someone suggested above.

I made 4 attempts at contacting Mike and only after contacting him publicly is when he responded. I'm sure he's reading this also and yet no response.
Coward!
He knows what he did. Like he said. As far as he's concerned he sold me two good cranks. That's so comforting!

jpdolzin.
I will say that these cranks were packaged very well and there is no way this happened during shipping.
I will also say that I never dropped them in my garage or anywhere else.
They were clearly damaged before shipping and the seller CLEARLY knew what he was sending.

So i can go to the local scrap yard, pick up some junk and sell it on e here? And then do it again?

I'm obviously upset but with good reason.

Someone that knowingly does this should at least be contacted and if they do not want to fix their wrong then I feel they should be banned.

I may be allot of things but I'm not a THIEF, and I don't owe anyone money besides my car loan that I pay every month.

D

Jay,
Is there any way of bringing back the old feedback system we had on the board back in the old days? I thought that worked pretty well. Agreed that it's always buyer beware, but the positive vs. negative feedback system certainly can give you a feeling of who you are dealing with and how they have treated others in the past. Just a suggestion, but not sure of it is possible in the new format. Also, nice job on the Android mobile app. Much better than previous versions!

Tom

Jay,
Is there any way of bringing back the old feedback system we had on the board back in the old days? I thought that worked pretty well. Agreed that it's always buyer beware, but the positive vs. negative feedback system certainly can give you a feeling of who you are dealing with and how they have treated others in the past. Just a suggestion, but not sure of it is possible in the new format. Also, nice job on the Android mobile app. Much better than previous versions!

Tom

Sadly no.. at least not at this time.

There is a version of that mod for this forum software however when I installed it, it didnt work and crashed the board. In fact, it borked things up so bad, I still have it installed here because it wont even uninstall. Its just disabled.

Ive asked the author to update it for the version of PHP we are running here and never got a response. I havent checked in a while to see if there was an update but Ill do that today.

Wow! I would have done the same. Sometimes software issues can absolutely drive you nuts. Totally understandable, but man, out was really a nice feature. I think a lot of drama would have been eliminated had it worked. Anyhow, keep up the good work! EVIL, good luck with your issue! I hour it sill works out for you. Never like to hear stuff like this happening!

Tom

Wow! I would have done the same. Sometimes software issues can absolutely drive you nuts. Totally understandable, but man, out was really a nice feature. I think a lot of drama would have been eliminated had it worked. Anyhow, keep up the good work! EVIL, good luck with your issue! I hour it sill works out for you. Never like to hear stuff like this happening!

Tom

Yea.. just because things work here doesnt mean I dont mess things up ;)

I keep a test board online on another server to test this stuff and on that board, the PHP version was lower so it worked fine. I installed it here and *BOOM*

We even offered the guy money to upgrade the mod and I still never got a response.

I got ripped of for what was for me a large amount of money on a Buick deal a few years ago. It was so bad I almost just gave up on Buicks . Several who knew the details said I should sue the guy but I just wrote it off as a learning experience . It was painful but I learned.

Once again- people buy stuff then don't inspect on arrival- then want to bitch? How long should you be able to complain back to seller? Did you not get lots of pics before pulling the trigger?

Well those are some pretty harsh words!! How about your a liar and DOUCHE BAG!!! I have sold a lot of parts over the years and to my knowledge your the first person to call me a liar and a thief. A thief would have taken your money and sent you nothing in return. You sent me money and I imediately packaged your cranks very carefully and shipped them to you , and e-mailed you the tracking numbers in December!!! Now 5 months later you want to cry that I sold you a bad crank. That looks like any other turbo crank to me , so why am I supposed to believe that thats one that I sold you??
Tell you what , you prove to me that its a crank that I sent you and I will fix this!! Otherwise kiss this!!! Especially after your being such a jerk on here .

Also I was on vacation in Florida from April 26th until May 5th and thats why you didnt get a reponse from me!!

I will be waiting on your response!! Mike

I have heard similar stories about him selling junk over the years. Good Luck!

Coming from a true piece of snake meat!! Please , while Im being roasted on here do tell the similar stories!!
I say your just jabbing back because I called your sorry arse out!!

Speaking of lies and liars - 8 SEC 109 - thats a pretty good one !!! Mike

Evil, in the original post with his pictures, there are some interesting casting flash features that should be pretty easy to match up with the cranks you have. I saved the pics and blew them up. You can see the scratches on the journals and distinctive casting flash.

Last time i bought a standard turbo crank i paid almost 600. Now one for $195 and if it can b turn 10/10 or so maybe is still not so bad of a deal..sometimes 4 trying to save a buck or two we end up in a worse possition.. Good luck man. Cuz even the stores have a 90 days return limit.
:) hope he mans up n work something out.