Blown intake gasket?

1nadrag

I have water in my oil pan. I took off the intake and can't find any blown head gaskets. According to my scanmaster i had no knock and was running slightly rich at #20 of boost w/ alcohol. I am using #1200 intake gaskets that have no valley pan attached to them. I also have allen head bolts holding the intake on. when I took the intake bolts out they were tight but not real tight. Could water have gotten though the intake gaskets. Also is there any way to tell if it is a head gastet without taking the heads off?
Thanks

Is it water or anti freeze?

Is it water or anti freeze, cause if it is anti freeze you may have already killed the bearings by now. The anti freeze can eat the bearing material so pull the pan and check the bearings before you call it a day even if the head gaskets (do the leak down) are good. Yes if the intake was loose enough it could have leaked past the 1200's I always use silicone on the water passages on the gaskets.. Good luck Dave

No Just water! I have replaced them before on my other GN. Stupid once, not twice.
Thanks

If you don't run your engine for a long enough period of time to get the oil hot enough to evaporate all condensation inside your motor, you can develop condensation inside your motor. My car just got started for brief periods in the winter a couple of years ago and after it blew a head gasket (not related to that) I saw a lot of Vaseline looking stuff on the bottom of the intake. It was oil and water that had mixed in a vapor and congealed on the bottom of the intake.

So, you can get water inside your motor that way. I don't know if you'd see enough to actually accumulate in the pan but if your motor got up to operating temperature for any period of time, the hot oil would have evaporated all that water. Antifreeze won't evaporate.

The only way you'll see a blown headgasket without removing the head would be if it is blown around the outside edge where you can see it. Otherwise you'll have to remove the head because it can loose the seal between the cylinder and a water port which would not be seen from the outside. However, you may want to perform a leak down or compression test before tearing into it needlessly because the intake gasket can leak water into the engine also. Worst case scenario is a cracked head or block. Prey.

Ok took the heads off and no blown head gaskets. I am leaning towards a leaking intake gasket. Any other suggestions. I plan on putting it back together with new gaskets and see what happens.
Thanks Tom