Blown Head Gasket (Which cyl let go)?

Whitettype86

Young William
I blown my first head gasket ever since having a turbo buick. It took 7yrs to do it and I'm sure I'll have more. The problem or was actually wondering which cyclinder has let go the most. I'd would think it would be #3 or #6. Mine let go at #4 and it was the lower part which I'm glad no antifreeze got into the oil. So which cyclinder let go on your turbo buick?

The rear cylinders on the intake side are common on stock intake and plenum cars. Though ive blown out all cylinders on different occassions. That was years ago. Get your fuel delivery right and run the correct gaskets for you app. Ive been good for 7 years now at 25-30psi :biggrin:

When mine blew it went on the #4 cylinder lower part too. No antifreeze in the motor.

#1 and 4 here.

Edit:
Compression and/or leakdown test should point you in the right direction.

Hi,
Mine let go on #3 and 6. After teardown, I'll be damned if I can see the failure, but a compression gauge doesn't lie. I'm going through the whole thing, anyway. Good luck with your trouble!

heads gaskets

I would drop oil pan and change rod bearings for extra insurance.alot of detonation could be the beginning of a rod nock over a period of time.
I learned the hard way.

Jerryl said:
#1 and 4 here.

Edit:
Compression and/or leak down test should point you in the right direction.

I did a compression test on mine and had 150psi and did not find the blown head Gasket, until i took off the head. Good Luck. Bose

turbobose13 said:
I did a compression test on mine and had 150psi and did not find the blown head Gasket, until i took off the head. Good Luck. Bose
Yep. That is why I always follow up with a leakdown test if nothing shows and a HG is suspect;
"When in doubt, leak it out!"