Blown head gask in Edmonton HELP!!

jarredsoon

Hey guys, I have a blown hed gasket on my 89 tta and don't know what to do. Mechanics here in Edmonton AB Canada have no clue about buick turbo motors, they all think I have an 8cyl. I know these motors are tempermental and this not the job for me to do myself. I need a mechanic local or close atleast to fix my car. Does anyone know of a mech familiar with these motors?? Pls help!! Jarred.

If you're running stock style head gaskets I wouldn't worry too much. Just find a good mechanic that won't cut corners and you'll be fine. There's no voodoo magic to these engines. In fact, these blocks and heads are in about a bazillion regals. Good mechanic=good head gasket job. HTH. james

I agree with BlackBandit, however if you still feel reserved then talk to campbell automotive. They are the best I've heard of that works on our Canadian Cars. They are in Edmonton. They are even closer to you than they are to me (Calgary).

Campbell Automotive - 780-452-3535

Campbell automotive is finishing my re-build on my motor, (different post), but they are VERY experienced with GM turbo V-6. They also do some crazy stuff with syclones, typhoons.....

one caveat, they are maybe a little too busy, not the fastest speed shops, (get it? HAHA) but probably one of the best.

whoever does it, just remind them to put sealant on the headbolts and torque them down. dont want to have to open again!

Thanks Guys, Campbell referred me to Kartunes. THey say I'm looking at $2500 or more. How does that sound???

Is that Canadian dollars? If so what does that work out to in US dollars? To me it sounds like someone is trying to do something to your butt. Starts in a f, ends in uck. Total parts shouldn't be more than $200-$300 dollars. That's leaves allot for labor. That's my opinion.

If you blew into the intake there is alot of cleanup work, just went through it.

the price seems a little steep, before i decided to build up my motor, i had a garage in Red Deer quote me to re-seal the entire motor, (head gasket, rear main seal, valve covers, water pump oil pan)

To do this, they claimed they had to pull the motor, which resulted in a total of approx $2400. I thought just head gaskets can be done with the motor in the car, and hence much cheaper than your quote..

HTH

TJ

Edit, our dollar is pretty much on par with the US Greenback right now... But our prices have not been adjusted for that. (Cars still cost 20% less in the US)

What a rediculous estimate if it is just for a set of headgaskets! They are cast iron heads, doubt you damaged them. What was included in the estimate to get at that price? Had to been more than just getting a set of headgaskets.:eek:

Holy Sheep $hit...I would be Rich at that Price.
Too bad you are so far..I do that job here in Montreal for under $500 CANADIAN.....I AM CANADIAN.....LOL

Don't get screwed Budd..

Work

Mabe if you were a deck hand on one of the crab boats on the deadliest catch you could afford it.

Thats 3 full pods of crab to barter that headgasket.