Blowing cap off of antifreeze bottle Alky car 87 Regal T

dwavey

Has anyone had issues with blowing the cap off of the coolant overflow tank on an Alky car? Would anyone like to chime in, on a similar situation. The car still ran 11.38@122 boost set around 23psi. Thanks guys.

Your real problem is that you are blowing compression into the cooling system. Time to pull the heads and check the pan. Re-surface heads and address the tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a power logger to begin with on the tune. My chip is programmable I have the timing set at 26 degrees in first and second gear. Coolant bottle is in a lower location I thought may need to raise it up from where it is located.

I need a power logger to begin with on the tune. My chip is programmable I have the timing set at 26 degrees in first and second gear. Coolant bottle is in a lower location I thought may need to raise it up from where it is located.
26*. Be sure to check your rod bearings and also check rods for straightness and main bearing cap surface for metal transfer.

Is your knock sensor hooked up?

Like Bison mentioned, you are getting compression into the cooling system. At 26* of timing and the symptoms of blowing the coolant cap off, I would guess to say that your head gaskets are toast. Verify that your knock sensor is actually working. Ask me how I know.

Why so much timing ?

With no scan tool and logger , you will be very lucky if its just the gaskets. Good luck

Bryan

Boost how do you know? Also i have a scan master.. The car has everything to keep it safe. I will have a logge next season. I want to run in the 10s. I dont the the engine is hurt though. The car does run good..

Do you have an accurate boost gauge ?
I assure you that you do not have everything to keep it safe !!
Find someone to tune your car !

26* of timing is nowhere near safe with Pump gas and Alky ....

Boost how do you know? Also i have a scan master.. The car has everything to keep it safe. I will have a logge next season. I want to run in the 10s. I dont the the engine is hurt though. The car does run good..
Coolant
Do you have an accurate boost gauge ?
I assure you that you do not have everything to keep it safe !!
Find someone to tune your car !

26* of timing is nowhere near safe with Pump gas and Alky ....
Too late. After the rebuild.

Record a run with your cell phone. I'd love to hear your engine.

I will tune my own car. The engine runs and sounds good.Yes I'm sure the head gaskets have some issues, but normal driving 160 coolant temps. Under boost blast she runs 220 0r so and cap blows off the over flow.. Boost gauge is accurate. Yes without data I'm stabbing in the dark. Time has run out over the winter I"m going to go over the engine..Thanks y'all for the info.

I will tune my own car. The engine runs and sounds good.Yes I'm sure the head gaskets have some issues, but normal driving 160 coolant temps. Under boost blast she runs 220 0r so and cap blows off the over flow.. Boost gauge is accurate. Yes without data I'm stabbing in the dark. Time has run out over the winter I"m going to go over the engine..Thanks y'all for the info.
Temp doesn't always indicate whether or not you have major issues. I would have someone in the car looking at the scanmaster while you lightly tap the block near the knock sensor. Check to see if it works. I had that issue with my old GN running 20psi on 93 octane no alky and I had zero KR. That's until the bottom end started knocking from a mushroomed bearing caused by detonation. It was then that I found out my knock sensor was faulty.