BLM at 142 should I be worried?

Major Nutz

Just rebuilt the engine and got it back up and running. Ready to start tuning on it. All the other numbers are where they are supposed to be.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's not the end of the world, but I would try to fix it. Usual culprits are vacuum leak, MAF problem, O2 sensor problem.
Eric

That's good to hear. I think the 02 sensor is where I will start. A couple of times I've noticed it was stuck on 0 when the wideband was working.

Like Eric said, it's not a terrible number because it is after all, still in the range of adjustability. But something needs a little attention. Vacuum or pre turbo exhaust leaks will usually yield a higher number, usually pegged. Might just need some minor tweaks in your chip. Take not of where the higher numbers are, I.E. idle, cruise, etc.

In addition to doing all of the above you can check your PCV valve as well. Sometimes a faulty or incorrect PCV valve can elevate your numbers as well.

Update...new Bosch o2 sensor and RJC pcv. BLM still 142 at idle. Vacuum lines look ok but gonna change them just to rule them out. Car is running really good, I'm just overly cautious.

I don't know that putting in a Bosch O2 is good troubleshooting. Even new, they aren't that great.

Just trying the things that were recommended. Is there a better o2 sensor or am I off track in general?

Are you running the RJC valve inline with a stock pcv valve ? Or just the RJC valve ? Mine leaked like crazy with just the RJC Pcv valve .I Put a stock one in and the RJC in line and all was good

AC Delco or Denso. If you have access to a smoke machine I would use it. Sometimes the vacuum leak(s) is well hidden.

Just the RJC valve. Smoke machine would be nice! I didn't know you could sill get the AC Delco o2.

Mike the denso is the best ! Will take a lot of race gas to foul it .

Brian, I'll order a couple tomorrow for sure. Guess I've been lucky as I've only fouled out 1 running 110.

Autozone carries the Denso too.

That's where I got my last one. Went to pick up another and they tell me it's a special order.. So I say ok order it. He tried to order it and the computer tells him it's on a back order and can't give me a date when to expect it. I came home, looked for it online and found it at Jegs and got it shipped free.