Blew headgasket at low boost.

Guys are bad.. next they'll be asking to see if its for sale since its broke :eek:

...just as an aside, you shouldn't let your fuel level drop below 1/2 tank. Our electric pumps are cooled by the cold fuel in the tank, and if the pump is exposed due to a low fuel level they will burn out much quicker than normal.

Sorry about the head gasket. :redface:

Finally went thru 3 heat cycles on the new Cometics and retourqed the heads. No leaks whatsoever. Decided it was time to put a little boost to it.
I brought it up slowly to 18-19 psi and it spiked to 8.8 degrees of knock. I got out of it instantly but not before it blew a chunk of header gasket out.:confused: I used another brand instead of the Felpros.... I just changed the header gasket and all seems fine. I dont believe I did any damage since I lifted immediatly.

At least I found the problem. I had my PL on this time with my hood mounted FP guage.:) FP rose to 60 psi then dropped off to 54 psi at peak boost. AF went from 10.50 to 13.00:eek: I guess I have the Walbro 340 blues.:mad:

Shame on me for not having the PL on and recording all of my runs. I wish I would have changed the pump before I took everyones advice and filled up my gas tank.:rolleyes:

My Walbro I just pulled out is model number xxxxxx169. I believe those were some of the ones with issues. Are the new Walbros safe to go with?

No issues withthe new ones. I would have had another one lined up ready to drop in.

Dont forget the fuel filter :D

No issues withthe new ones. I would have had another one lined up ready to drop in.

Dont forget the fuel filter :D

Couldnt get one lined up on New Years Day. Whats wrong with our vendor? Closing on New Years?:eek::D They should be ready to ship 24 hours a day with these cars.:biggrin:

When it's time for them to go, they go !.........I had one let go sitting at a stoplite......just waiting for the lite to turn green, heard a pop, then the car was surrounded by steam.....pulled the heads, the driver's side was in pieces, and the other side was a hair from letting go........it's the nature of the beast.

When it's time for them to go, they go !.........I had one let go sitting at a stoplite......just waiting for the lite to turn green, heard a pop, then the car was surrounded by steam.....pulled the heads, the driver's side was in pieces, and the other side was a hair from letting go........it's the nature of the beast.

I hear ya. But my problem was pure stupidity. I should have used the technology that was available to me....the Powerlogger. It didnt do me any good having my laptop sitting on my shelf in my bedroom. I would have seen the low fuel issue alot sooner before the last WOT run that took out the headgaskets. Lesson learned. Laptop always in the car.:redface:

It must be a Louisiana thing because the same thing happened to me two week ago at only 14 psi. and I was using alky.

pm sent to 87NAT

Another walbro. Not looking to go any faster than what I already ran. Just want to support the horsepower that I am producing now.