Blew a regulator o-ring after 100mi.

HighMileage

Albany,NY
Just installed new 60# injectors and a new Accufab reg last weekend. I've put about 100mi on the car since then. Was last under hood yesterday adjusting the TPS and IAC.

Go to start it a little while ago...and my hood mounted FP gauge went up a little,then to 0. I open the hood,and fuel is dripping from the rail-to-regulator connection.

Heh... It looks like I had better start carrying a fire extingusher.

The bolts are tight.

My Q is why would it all of the sudden pop? Good thing it did it at home!

Steve. '87 GN. PowerLogger,60#,tt alky chip,Accufab reg.

Sounds like you pinched the O-ring while installing it. Not hard to do. You'll probably find a small chunk taken out of it. Just replace it and do a fuel check before you drive off in a ball of flames.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Sounds like you pinched the O-ring while installing it. Not hard to do. You'll probably find a small chunk taken out of it. Just replace it and do a fuel check before you drive off in a ball of flames.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

What he said... You need to put some kind of lube on the oring when you push it into the rail.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

This happened to me years ago. I was in a rush putting the regulator back on. Drove about 10 miles and noticed a gasoline smell. Popped the hood and the entire engine was covered in gasoline :eek:. Lucky I didn't burn my car to the ground!!

It's a good thing that the regulator came with a spare o-ring. It took me a few minutes to change. So far,so good tonite.

I was just about to take the hood-mounted FP gauge off. Now I'm glad I had it on there. I'll be watching to see how fast it drops after the pump is off.

No,I didn't drill any holes on top of the hood.

Where can I buy a pack of those o-rings?

Steve. '87 GN.