billet wheel turbo boost control

U think this would work for us tweeners. If u just ported what you needed and not max port it right off the bat.

yes what bison said is true.

just because you install a big puck does not mean you have to port it out to the max. you can have a big puck and a small hole and port to suite you specific application.

I got my new pipe from you 4 months too early. Altho mine isn't dual BB but a 6776 Q trim so I'll see in spring what happens. The pipe sure looks good!

I got my new pipe from you 4 months too early. Altho mine isn't dual BB but a 6776 Q trim so I'll see in spring what happens. The pipe sure looks good!
If its a 6776 its not a Q trim. If its a Q its not a 76 trim ex wheel. Extreme difference in ex flow between the two.

U think this would work for us tweeners. If u just ported what you needed and not max port it right off the bat.

Just port as needed as Jason suggested. Once you go to big you cant go backward unless you bu the plate you install between the ex housing and DP. As you increase the airflow through the engine the hole needs to get smaller for a given turbine. If your under 700hp then you shouldnt have to worry about it and can get away with a big hole. The overboost problem seems to happen on engines where guys have a really high flowing turbine and try to run low boost which is typically way below the hp rating of the turbo. For those a large hole is required.

Just port as needed as Jason suggested. Once you go to big you cant go backward unless you bu the plate you install between the ex housing and DP. As you increase the airflow through the engine the hole needs to get smaller for a given turbine. If your under 700hp then you shouldnt have to worry about it and can get away with a big hole. The overboost problem seems to happen on engines where guys have a really high flowing turbine and try to run low boost which is typically way below the hp rating of the turbo. For those a large hole is required.

When you say lower boost levels are you talking about below 20 psi? I have my Maft Pro set right now for 20 PSI I took the car for a small around the block test but no 20 psi pull yet.

When you say lower boost levels are you talking about below 20 psi? I have my Maft Pro set right now for 20 PSI I took the car for a small around the block test but no 20 psi pull yet.
Im talking below 25psi. If you look at the hp ratings on these turbos to even get close on these small engines you will be revving to 6000+ and running 25+psi.

So how big of a HP drop from 25-20 PSI? Because at even 15 psi this 6265 felt stronger.And is there a sweet spot with this turbo? I see lots of EVO guys pushing these up to 40psi.