Billet Tensioner

Troy has it right...
On a Harley, the abbreviation is "HD". It also means "Hundred Dollars". Not many HD parts for less. BTDT.:rolleyes:
On a v-sicks, it's 2HD.:smuggrin:
Ante up, or drive your Honduh.:D

I've paid my dues plenty with these cars and still continue to. Point of the matter is I don't like to get my balls milked. When i see that the price is $275 on ebay not even a year later, i feel like that was the case. Don't get me wrong, it's a great product for sure, but if their was profits to be made to that degree, then they should have been paying vendors like the rest of the people that actually support this board! Whatever, lesson learned. Water under the bridge at this point. Just my $.02.

I paid $475 a year ago I'm pissed to the max!!!! They can be had from http://www.whiteracing.com/Newbuickstuff.html for $299.00, somebody got rich of me and others last year, never again will I do a "one off" group buy. Something told me it wouldn't be long before mass production of a quality unit at a cheaper price.

I too bought in at the full price and could care less that you can get one at a lesser cost. .. If it wasnt for the people who bought the first batch, they wouldn't have been developed. ..

Besides if you think about it arent one off parts supposed to cost in the order of double the cost of repeats? I consider it a bargain that I only paid 33ish percent more than those buying them now...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I'm not buying this whole one off jazz. Less than a year later, almost half the cost. It just doesn't seem right. Then to have these fitment issues at such a "one off premium price". All the Turbo Buick venders and one off engineers for turbo buick parts suck. I have had nothing but back lash and recourse after owning this maveled piece of automotive history. I just saying!!!

Don't exaggerate the price. The difference is a delta of 33percent in cost. .

The fitment issues are with pulleys these weren't even designed with. .

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Perhaps I need something more modern that doesn't require vintage parts thieves. As I said these venders ain't loyal.

Pulley issues are with the unit I currently have which was stated lasted year in this forum, I can't make this stuff up.

There was another thread on this recently and here is a copy paste of my comments:

Well since I am the one who instigated the whole thing I will express my feelings.
As for performance and quality I have close to 3000 miles on mine and it has no problems. Out of 42 units a warranty for one unit was needed and covered right away; that was the result of a broken pulley thread boss.
Now as for pricing I am very disappointed at the turn of events. I was very open and honest with Precision Machine/Thumprrr racing.
I tried my best to convince him to keep prices down but his main motivations were the prices of his Mustang units, and seeing the NOS aftermarket ones on sale by a vendor for $350.(I showed him that) his reasoning was a billet one with a warranty is certainly worth $100 more.
My reward was basically receiving a free unit for every 10 sold. I received four, 2 of which I installed and I have 2 sitting on a shelf.
Towards the end of the production we had conversations of developing other products but his prices were insane. I told him how the Buick community was innovative and can copy or make a competitive product and it was a best policy to keep costs as reasonable as possible. But we couldn't come to an agreement for other parts so we just agreed to proceed with further production runs of the tensioner.
Well a few weeks later when I showed him the White racing copy he freaked, and lowered his price to (IMO) what they should have been in the beginning, and cut me out altogether.
So currently there is a good deal for all, as they are quality products-- another good thing is used stock units have come down to earth.
Bad part I felt the first group of guys were taken advantage of and I was part of it......:sour: and if I had to do it over I would not have divulged any info on year, make, and model car and any market values of NOS/used parts when I commissioned him to make them. I also would have went to more than one fabricator to have them bid against each other.
But I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from him they are quality pieces. The White Racing one looks fine too. If you want to buy one I have on the shelf $265 shipped and I can steal a sale from both of them.:sneaky:
So that is the story behind these and how there is some good and bad in it all.

I was wondering if you had some sort of legal agreement on the sale of the tensioner or if he would just screw you over. That's the down side of not having your own design software to hold the rights to the prints and know what the part is for. I have one off pieces I'm designing for a project and the manufacturer has no idea what they are even for. Just the way I like it....

,Dan

I'm not buying this whole one off jazz. Less than a year later, almost half the cost. It just doesn't seem right. Then to have these fitment issues at such a "one off premium price". All the Turbo Buick venders and one off engineers for turbo buick parts suck. I have had nothing but back lash and recourse after owning this maveled piece of automotive history. I just saying!!!

So, maybe you can go to a board where they don't??
Lots of used car lots around. Don't like your "maveled piece of automotive history"?? Buy a Yugo.

I was wondering if you had some sort of legal agreement on the sale of the tensioner or if he would just screw you over. That's the down side of not having your own design software to hold the rights to the prints and know what the part is for. I have one off pieces I'm designing for a project and the manufacturer has no idea what they are even for. Just the way I like it....

,Dan
No contract-- it was all gentleman's/handshake agreement.
I really wanted him to produce them, sell them, and make it a item that he offered. But he wouldn't do it with out a significant deposit.
Like I said....if I could do it again I would do it a lot differently now....

I was on the original buy, paid more than what its selling for now..... Guess what, I bought a flat screen years ago for much more than what they are now.... Thems is the breaks. I'm not rich but I don't cry over money that is gone. If it was too much then, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered one because my original is thrashed. Here's to hoping it works as advertised and fits!!

My tensioner has the front bolt eyelet broken - in place but broken -- well over 50k miles on it since it broke, the tension got a little low so i installed a one size smaller belt life is still good.
big $$$$ tensioner no way. I'd monkey up a manual adjuster before i spend that kind of money.

What's all this ruckus?

I was in on the first batch buy and don't feel "ripped off" at all.

I totally agree with the flat screen TV analogy posted above. If it wasn't worth the $450 to me when I bought it, then I wouldn't have bought it.

Now it's available cheaper, so what?

What's all this ruckus?

I was in on the first batch buy and don't feel "ripped off" at all.

I totally agree with the flat screen TV analogy posted above. If it wasn't worth the $450 to me when I bought it, then I wouldn't have bought it.

Now it's available cheaper, so what?

TurboTGuy, one of the few on this site that always makes sense.

images.jpg