Billet Tensioner

And just FYI I made a offer of $225 on the second link without the pulley and they accepted my offer. You might want to try offering less????? ;)

Yes, probably development costs. But, consider this....those purchasers were thrilled to get the tensioners at that price!

I was one of the original purchasers. I wasn't thrilled with the price, but more so with the product, as no one makes them anymore and this would be a serviceable unit if need be in years to come. I am self employed with 8 guys that work for me. I understand over head, and development costs. I also see that the price was cut in half. That is a lot of development cost seeing as they produce similar products for other vehicles. I can understand a 10-25% cut in price, but $225 on EBay is a slap in the face to those of us that paid full boat at $450 + $29 shipping, regardless of the R & D costs.

Mine has been on the car since last year and maybe put about 500 miles on it. My only issue was aftermarket pulleys not fitting without clearancing the back of them.

Some reason a tensioner couldn't be made w/o the spring?
I have an MTI tensioner on the LS. You set the tension w/ a bar, lock the fasteners, done.

I was one of the original purchasers. I wasn't thrilled with the price, but more so with the product, as no one makes them anymore and this would be a serviceable unit if need be in years to come. I am self employed with 8 guys that work for me. I understand over head, and development costs. I also see that the price was cut in half. That is a lot of development cost seeing as they produce similar products for other vehicles. I can understand a 10-25% cut in price, but $225 on EBay is a slap in the face to those of us that paid full boat at $450 + $29 shipping, regardless of the R & D costs.

X2...and making a profit at that price I'm sure.

Some reason a tensioner couldn't be made w/o the spring?
I have an MTI tensioner on the LS. You set the tension w/ a bar, lock the fasteners, done.

Too logical Chuck! ;)

It could likely be smaller, making it easier to work around, and cost less to bring to market (I see two main parts, a base and a bar, possibly screw driven to adjust tension). Belt length becomes less critical and I wonder if it could be designed to work out of the box for the distributor guys too. The pulley could be optional as most already have them. The pulley diameter could change as well. Great idea...I'll take 2! You may need to start a new thread!

Too logical Chuck! ;)

It could likely be smaller, making it easier to work around, and cost less to bring to market (I see two main parts, a base and a bar, possibly screw driven to adjust tension). Belt length becomes less critical and I wonder if it could be designed to work out of the box for the distributor guys too. The pulley could be optional as most already have them. The pulley diameter could change as well. Great idea...I'll take 2! You may need to start a new thread!

Doubt that.:smuggrin:

Price cut to $299 from $450 is rather tough to take, but it probably had to take a group buy with however many units at that price for a manufacturer to have any interest in building these. The LC2 market is not huge, ya know?
I may have paid a premium to help get these built, but if I and others didn't, there would still be no one making these probably, and an LC2 without one is just a hunk of metal. I'm happy they're available again.:)
No one likes to feel they got ripped off, but really, what's a couple hundred dollars when your playing with TR's? My .02 cents.