Billet Exterior Door Handles

ta88gta

Hey guys, so seeing how i haven't been able to find a good after market replacement for our style of door handle, i decided to have a local company design a build a billet replacement handle. Im posting this to see if there would be any interest in these.
Handles and hinge mechanisms are being made from billet aluminum, return springs are being made from stainless steel. We have incorporated a positive stop on both sides of the hinge assembly to keep the handle from twisting when they are pulled on like the factory handles do. We will be offering these in either anodized black, raw machined finish and possibly polished. My initial figures are these should be priced at about $350usd a set. we should have a prototype handle finished soon so i can post some photos. Anyways let me know what you guys think and if you'd be interested.

thanks guys.

Sounds like a cool project. Probably be made in China after the first set is sold around here unfortunately. Might as well have the prototype made and send it to China yourself.

Hope you do plenty of testing. I have seen aluminum brackets made that bent under pressure. Steel is hard to beat.

Hope you do plenty of testing. I have seen aluminum brackets made that bent under pressure. Steel is hard to beat.
We've designed the handle to be 2 pieces. the outer pull itself actually bolts to the hinge assembly. We did it this way to make it possible in the future to have engraved handles or a custom outer pulls. But this design makes it easier to have the hinge assembly made from steel, if we have any issues with strength or reliablility and still keep the outer billet handle.

Sounds like a cool project. Probably be made in China after the first set is sold around here unfortunately. Might as well have the prototype made and send it to China yourself.[/QUOTE

i hear you on that, it sucks, but its hard to keep someone from copying the design once its out there. I dont really see a huge market for these and im hoping that will be more a deterrent to keep someone from copying them. I thought about having them made in china but at the end of the day i rather keep the business in the hands of the guys that actually helped design and build these.