Billet 67 runs 9.71

I'll let you know after I get to the track tomorrow night and see what mine runs.
Sure wish Cal or Grumpy were going to be in OKC tomorrow night.

I don't have the PTC 9.5 but if my present convertor doesn't get the job done, I'll get one. Noble's coming in 4 weeks and I don't like looking at a horse's ass.

Good luck tomorrow Phil!

Good luck tomorrow Phil!

Thanks, John. I've been fiddling with it and believe there's been a gain in RWHP, certainly enough to get into the 600's.

Steve Wood's been helping me set up my initial tune for tomorrow and I expect it to perform pretty well.

I'll post up the results here Saturday win, lose or draw. I hope to have a smiley face or two in the post.

Drop me an email and bring me up to date on what you are doing.

Phil Engle

This turbo ran 9's. What is the combo. I understand owner does not what to be expose. To many variables - Stroker motor, Stage block, Ta Block, Factory stock setup. Iron heads, Aluminum heads, S2 Heads what. Its good to know the turbo was able to put these numbers but without knowing if it was done on a stroker motor, roller cam, fully ported aluminum heads on beefed up 109 block or aftermarket block(10-15K) as oppose to a stock block(stock crank) with a flat tappet cam, billet caps and iron heads. :cool:

I do like the fact it has the 200R4 trans and AC. That is nice!!

This turbo ran 9's. What is the combo. I understand owner does not what to be expose. To many variables - Stroker motor, Stage block, Ta Block, Factory stock setup. Iron heads, Aluminum heads, S2 Heads what. Its good to know the turbo was able to put these numbers but without knowing if it was done on a stroker motor, roller cam, fully ported aluminum heads on beefed up 109 block or aftermarket block(10-15K) as oppose to a stock block(stock crank) with a flat tappet cam, billet caps and iron heads. :cool:

I do like the fact it has the 200R4 trans and AC. That is nice!!

There really aren't too many variables at all that mean power you mention. The devil is in the details. I'm sure it's got a roller cam in it and good componets why wouldn't it? AL heads or iron, s2 block, S2 heads, TA, ect means nothing because it would go as fast with either. A 235" or a 250" can go as fast as each other as well. The point of this thread is the turbo is capable of this and more, it's going to go faster if the customer want to.

The customer must have had a good engine builder. :eek:

I agree with you Jason as far as the block issue. Im just want to know if it is a THS car.But even that doesnt matter because what it is is what it is!
DDay

I agree with you Jason as far as the block issue. Im just want to know if it is a THS car.But even that doesnt matter because what it is is what it is!
DDay

David, there is no way it is a THS car as it has already been stated that the turbo had a 4 inch inlet comp. cover.

Take care, Kip

There really aren't too many variables at all that mean power you mention. The devil is in the details. I'm sure it's got a roller cam in it and good componets why wouldn't it? :

Ted believe it or not some people do not have this stuff. I am sure you know the old saying about assuming.

See ya, Kip

AL heads or iron, s2 block, S2 heads, TA, ect means nothing because it would go as fast with either. A 235" or a 250" can go as fast as each other as well. The point of this thread is the turbo is capable of this and more, it's going to go faster if the customer want to.

Ted, I have to differ with you here. When discussing a turbo and what it runs at a certain boost pressure the combo is needed to be know to see how close that combo may have been to drying up that turbo. I could explain this in detail but will not as I know you know this stuff.

As for the customer going fastier if he wants to, not sure on that one ethier as I have seen people want to go fastier and not be able to alot over the years.

Take care, Kip

Times are awesome! Im curious about the block as well, Stock, Stroker, Stage? Not sure if it was mentioned?

I hate to say it but this is a waste of time. No proof, next to nothing for info on the car, and the owner doesn't really want to deal with the publicity. What will this thread prove but that a 67mm q trim Turbo can trap in the high 130's or push a car into the nines. We saw this in 2007 on Melissa's car. Look it up, all the parts were listed. The tune was kept secret but it gave you way more that you get here.

Again Congratulations to the owner!

I just can't see how Mr. Hartline has had the time to debate DonWg for days but couldn't get a car in his shop to do and post before and after dyno results. Cal, I know it seems like I'm always giving you chit but with the respect you have in this community sometimes you seem to leave us hanging. I sorry if it appears that way but I'd say this to any vendor that steps up to the plate the way you do. I apologize for putting you on the spot but you know you have to accept the good with the bad. Maybe we need to contact GM High Tech Performance.

Look people it is what it is. Would you want someone telling your combo I know for sure I would not want anyone knowing that I have a v6 turbo under the hood... : :smile::smile::smile:

Congrats to Hal's customer.....

I know what the combination is because I built it . It was designed to be a
strong running daily driver engine. The parts used are far from high end but
everything was worked to be a solid piece. The particulars are irrelevent as
just about any size engine can be made to make the HP required to achieve
that et/mph, as proof in the TSM class were you have everything from 235 to 250?

How could not knowing some basic info such as if its a stroker, stock block, stage motor not be relevant? That be like saying I ran 9.20's with a 60mm turbo but not mention Im running a LS motor?

that et/mph, as proof in the TSM class were you have everything from 235 to 250?

Thanks for the post Dan.
I love it when you have time to share your expertise.

How could not knowing some basic info such as if its a stroker, stock block, stage motor not be relevant? That be like saying I ran 9.20's with a 60mm turbo but not mention Im running a LS motor?

People going fast for years know what combos have been putting what down at the track. Lets just assume it's a 235". I can care less what CI it is, do I know it can do it with 235 CI or 231, yes.

Cal, please inform us if it was a LS with a 67 turbo.

Very good to know Don. what would it cost me for you to do me a carbon copy of it? Just looking for ball park.

There is another car in S. FLa that has been faster then those numbers with a 67 mm turbo and iron heads, and stock bottom end. These numbers are not that earth shattering if you are in the know! ;)

Still impressive numbers.

Those are some great times for that Turbo. Lets hope he gets it in ths trim and shows up at bg. I heard a rumor from another board (non-buick) that the car doesn't have AC on it, but its on the fat side do to stereo equipment. They weren't sure if the car had it in at the track though.

I hate to say it but this is a waste of time. No proof, next to nothing for info on the car, and the owner doesn't really want to deal with the publicity. What will this thread prove but that a 67mm q trim Turbo can trap in the high 130's or push a car into the nines. We saw this in 2007 on Melissa's car. Look it up, all the parts were listed. The tune was kept secret but it gave you way more that you get here.

Again Congratulations to the owner!

I just can't see how Mr. Hartline has had the time to debate DonWg for days but couldn't get a car in his shop to do and post before and after dyno results. Cal, I know it seems like I'm always giving you chit but with the respect you have in this community sometimes you seem to leave us hanging. I sorry if it appears that way but I'd say this to any vendor that steps up to the plate the way you do. I apologize for putting you on the spot but you know you have to accept the good with the bad. Maybe we need to contact GM High Tech Performance.

First of all. I can spend my time however I want. I am not at anyone's beck and call. If I want to debate Don, I will. I do not have an obligation to everyone here for free information, although I try and answer as many tech questions as I have time for regardless of whether they are my customer. I do have an obligation to my customers and they know how to get a hold of me. I made this post to let others know what the billet 67 is capable of. I have never "claimed" that I had anything to do with this other than selling him the turbo. I am just the messenger.

Secondly, why would I put the results of all the testing I do on the board? So you can buy the part somewhere else? I give out more information then most of the vendors listed on the home page, and I'm not even listed! Like you said, I do this for a business. Why not jump on other vendors for not testing/posting? You want to see the results of my testing, go to a Buick race.

Lastly, WTF does GM High Tech have to do with anything? You should be grateful they even do articles about our nearly 25 year old cars. FWIW: Don Palumbo WON TSM back in 2006 running 9's with iron heads stock bottom end and a cast 67 turbo, so by no mean is this guy or Melissa the first to run 9's with a 67