Big Stuff 3 Tech Support

Sparky_wp

Big Stuff 3 has developed a Tech Support Team for all Tuning and Electrical concerns.
Don Bailey (708) 870-3771 and Steve Petty (770) 616-6662 are supporting Big Stuff 3 for all tuning concerns.
Michael Browne at Wires & Pliers (810) 229-9688, is supporting Big Stuff 3 for all Electrical Concerns.
Please feel free to contact one of us with any questions and/or concerns.

Mike,

Great news for us BigStuff users!

How do I hook up/install a Turbineshaft speed sensor (and where can I get a sensor?)

When you figure out the distributor and stock crank sensor setup that works let us (mainly me) know. JM has my ECU right now trying to make it work.

Thats simple, move the sliders in the software:) Does' BS3 not have that feature?

Sparky_wp said:
Big Stuff 3 has developed a Tech Support Team for all Tuning and Electrical concerns.
Don Bailey (708) 870-3771 and Steve Petty (770) 616-6662 are supporting Big Stuff 3 for all tuning concerns.
Michael Browne at Wires & Pliers (810) 229-9688, is supporting Big Stuff 3 for all Electrical Concerns.

Michael,

That is a hell of a team you have going theere.
Is Harry Hruska doing any support on these?

I know Harry stays pretty busy with Precision Turbo, although he does support and tunes some of his customer’s cars.

The idea behind the Tech Support Team was to help alleviate some of the load off of John Meany. I presented the idea to Don & Steve and they thought it would be great idea to help out. With this type of support team, John is confident that any concerns which might be brought to our attention will be addressed and handled correctly.

Turbodave231,
I will have an anwser and part numbers for you in the morning.

Sparky_wp said:
I know Harry stays pretty busy with Precision Turbo, although he does support and tunes some of his customer’s cars.

The idea behind the Tech Support Team was to help alleviate some of the load off of John Meany. I presented the idea to Don & Steve and they thought it would be great idea to help out. With this type of support team, John is confident that any concerns which might be brought to our attention will be addressed and handled correctly.

Turbodave231,
I will have an anwser and part numbers for you in the morning.

Thanks Michael, please get me some full sized pictures of the turbo trans am!!!

I have asked Steve Crisafulli a couple of times for them, but I never have received anything.........

I'm just the wiring guy, I don't need any pictures........... Do I?

Sparky_wp said:
I have asked Steve Crisafulli a couple of times for them, but I never have received anything.........

I'm just the wiring guy, I don't need any pictures........... Do I?

Don't ever say you are just the wiring guy!!!
You wiring is like a work of art!!!
If I wasn't in Califorina I would have you wire my junk!

Turbodave231,
For the Turbine Shaft Speed: This is something John Meany and Harry Hurska have developed together. I was told that you have to Contact Prcecision Turbo for Turbine Shaft Speed set up. Harry has everything to set this up.
I hope this helps,
Sparky

Sparky_wp said:
Turbodave231,
For the Turbine Shaft Speed: This is something John Meany and Harry Hurska have developed together. I was told that you have to Contact Prcecision Turbo for Turbine Shaft Speed set up. Harry has everything to set this up.
I hope this helps,
Sparky

I would like to hear more about this.
Maybe Harry, Patrick or Turbo Don can chime in.

Sparky_wp said:
Oh sure, after I just got the BS3 installed you post this :p It's good info to have on hand though.

norbs said:
Thats simple, move the sliders in the software:) Does' BS3 not have that feature?

You can reconfigure it but for some reason after setting it up I couldn't get any timing control.. :(

I do like the bs3 , but for some reason i just feel awkward using the software, i guess i just need to adapt. But that is a plus that it is software configurable like the othere systems. Especally the mph input is what is lacking on the competition.

norbs said:
I do like the bs3 , but for some reason i just feel awkward using the software, i guess i just need to adapt. But that is a plus that it is software configurable like the othere systems. Especally the mph input is what is lacking on the competition.

Which of the "competition" is lacking this feature?

That would be the older fast systems and the gen 7 dfi. Its an important feature as from mph and rpm you can calculate drivetrain losses. You could also se shift points vs mph. The xfi has an optional kit for vss now.

The old FAST system and the Accel Gen 7 DFI are not competition for the Big Stuff 3 system.

For an example? If i had a car with a gen 7 and swithced over to a BS3 with the same tune the the Gen 7 would not have comparable hp? :confused:

For an example, If you had the perfect tune on both units than you would have the same HP. After all it's just spark and fuel at WOT. Now when you look at ECU options, speed, etc. and put this in the hands of good tuners and you have a better setup. But I think we were talking about vss input & mph.
Just as a side note we also give full support & installation for all the products we sell including BS3, FAST XFI, PTE Products etc.