BHJ O-ring Fixture for Buick V6. Fixture only.

ChrisChow

**** Correction:
Torque (honing) Plate for sale
Unit by itself weighs 19.5 lbs

BHJ O-ring fixture for Buick V6. Fixture only.
Comes in the original wooden shipping box from BHJ.
The scribing tool can be purchased from BHJ separately.
This is made of iron and is machined flat so that the BHJ scribing tool can be used to make a groove in the head.
It weighs approximately 10 lbs. Will confirm later. Shipping costs may be in the $40.00 range due to weight.
$200.00 USD + you pay shipping

Last edited:
May be a dumb question, but do you think this could be used as a torque plate for boring/honing the block??

I'm not sure. I would think it's possible. It's a beefy piece of iron. Or is that steel?
That would be a good question to ask BJH or any seasoned machinist specializing in Buick V6s on the forum.

That sure looks like a torque plate. It only weighs ten pounds? Get me a real shipping quote to 14424. Very interested. Phil.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Looks like a torque plate to me also. The o-ring jig has a counterbore at the block side to give room for the cutter.

Let me buy it Mike! Then I can stop borrowing Mike Booher's!! Phil.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My bad. It's been so looong ago, I didn't even know that it was a torque plate.
Unless things have changed at BHJ and they are using aluminum templates for their o-ring groover.
At any rate, this is made of iron. I'll put it on a scale tonight.
I have all my machine shop work done at Duttweilers so I would have no use for this locally.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I apologize I didn't have time to weigh it yesterday. Will find time this evening. I think with that little shipping crate, UPS or USPS will be asking a lot of $$ for shipping.

You might be able to fit it in a flatrate box and really make the post office work for it.

It's 19.5 lbs. I'll see what happens when I bring it into the USPS tomorrow :)

With wooden crate it was 23.5 ... call it 25 lbs just in case..

Also found markings on the other side of the wooden crate and snapped the following pics.

It's 19.5 lbs. I'll see what happens when I bring it into the USPS tomorrow :)

With wooden crate it was 23.5 ... call it 25 lbs just in case..

Also found markings on the other side of the wooden crate and snapped the following pics.

That's a killer scale!