Better than the Scanmaster?

Its nice but I am not a fan of having something that big in the car, heck the cops thought my scanmaster was some space shuttle/terrorist thing so I can't imagine what they will do when they see that gadget. I will keep my scanmaster but thanks for sharing new info.

Admittedly a 10.1" tablet is a bit much. But you can just use your cell phone so the cops would not have an issue with it.

Its nice but I am not a fan of having something that big in the car, heck the cops thought my scanmaster was some space shuttle/terrorist thing so I can't imagine what they will do when they see that gadget. I will keep my scanmaster but thanks for sharing new info.

A terrorist/space shuttle thingamabob in a 25 year old American muscle car with a cassette deck, no airbags, and 15" wheels. Yep, sounds like cops I know... sheesh.

Admittedly a 10.1" tablet is a bit much. But you can just use your cell phone so the cops would not have an issue with it.
Toss it as a overlay over the factory speedo .. Custom gauge set that u design and fits like a glove .. Next is Heads up display !!

When I wanted to check my speedo accuracy I had an app that projected the speed on the wind shield. Pretty cool.

The ALDLdroid app has a setting for a HUD. Haven't tried it yet. Anybody tried it w the SM???

Attachments

• 1429120013960.jpg
    1429120013960.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 277
As requested here is a data log using the Bluetooth adapter and ALDLdroid app.

Attachments

• 2015-04-13_18.40.41.xdl
    3 KB · Views: 156
I have the ADX file. I sent you a private message.
Dude, I want to thank you for sharing this info, with the links and part numbers and everything a newcomer to scan tools could ask for. That's what an internet forum is all about. I'm one of the guys who would consider this. I simply don't have the budget to be blowing $500 on scan tool equipment if a device like this--incorporating modern Android cellphone & Bluetooth technology--works well enough, for a fraction of the cost. This frees up my slim 2-car budget for actual performance upgrades and parts I need to restore my car. Awesome!

I also had to reply to the comment about vendors keeping this forum alive...actually, it's not so simple. The community keeps this forum alive, and the more people come here, the more members share useful information and are welcoming to new people joining, the more this place grows...and that benefits the vendors. :)