Better than the Scanmaster?

I've supported them on plenty, Including a scanmaster and powerlogger. I'm just saying that sometimes the best option for someone isn't offered by one of the vendors and when they choose that alternative option some of the guys on here bash what they bought knowing absolutely nothing about the product.

The vendors are what keep this board up and going for us to enjoy, and if you're unwilling to support them, then you're really not all that welcome here and can join one of the other boards.
I'm outa this thread.

Wow .. aren't we all on the same side here ??? Turbo Buicks are much bigger than just one board and a few vendors .. it's all the people that make up the community .. Boards will come and go .. the people and cars is what its all about.

I think the features and capabilities that I want in my monitoring system are mostly driven by my age. It's not that I don't like new tech,I do very much. I have to say that the thing about my age,that drives my thinking the most on this issue,is my vision. I used to be able to see far away and close up with my glasses on. Now I have to take them off or jack the car up higher to see what I'm doing. Because of this,I can see the road but not my gauges. I used to love analog gauges,but I can't see them anymore. I still love the look of any analog gauge. It was when I installed my Wideband that I fell in love with digital gauges and it caused me to appreciated the gauge on my Scanmaster that I never gave a second thought to. The Wideband has a bright blue LED display. Blue is a better color than red for me,which reminds me of another part of my life that has been effected by my vision,specifically the ability to see colors. It's when the colors are changed on this website. It' harder for me to read with the current colors.
To sum up,I love new tech and hate old eyes.

Have a blessed Resurrection day.

Last edited:
I hope to see a review from a member. I do not have a scanmaster and this seems like a good option.

Bye Bye Scanmaster! Still working with it but so far this works great!

Attachments

• 1428456141857.jpg
    1428456141857.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 388
Kool that u can define the gauge size .. So u can make a 10" boost gauge if u cant see good :)

Parts list: OBD1 ALDL Bluetooth adapter from www.1320electronics.com, an android only phone or tablet, ALDLdroid app from the Google play store, an updated ADX file. John at 1320electronics will e-mail you the file. The users manual is at the website too if you want to read it over.

When you have it up and running can you take a video for us too see it working?

Here are a couple of pics with my Tablet installed on an EBay $14 brackets. I didn't take a video as one us posted above on a non TR. It is better than any video I could do and is very informative as to how it works. I am very happy with it and have already sold my Scanmaster!

Attachments

• 1428932611390.jpg
    1428932611390.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 384
  • 1428932626908.jpg
    1428932626908.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 341
The capture/logging works great too. It stores the logs as .csv files and .xdl files. I can't figure out how to attach one here.

Last edited: