Best way to get lots O' beer into Nascar race (Dover this weekend!)

ez at nova

I hate rice
Last year was my first NASCAR race (Dover) and noobs that we were, we brought normal sized coolers which were promplty taken from us at the gate for being too large. We were left with 60+ beers in plastics bags that got warm real quick. :(
This year, I want to do it right, but the 14 x 14 x 14 cooler requirement seems crazy. I have a smallish Igloo and even that is 17 x 14 x 10, and that only holds about 40 cans with ice. We will need to bring in around 50+ cans after tailgating, for my buddies and I, and I just don't see how it can happen.
Are there any veterans out there that have some tips on the best cooler and/or method of getting it in? If all we can get ahold of is a really small cooler, would Dover allow us to return to the car to refill it mid-race?

Wow, I never thought of that, thanks! Now I'll just bring two coolers that hold a good amount but are less than 14x14x14 that I can't even find one of in the first place.

Old spare tire. Cut a flap in the sidewall, fill with beers and ice in small bags. Turn tire over in trunk so you cannot see the flap.

Oops, mis-read the post, the tire probably wouldn't help you. We use this during events that they don't allow beer at all. Sorry.

Each of you can bring a small cooler, right? Tell me why one small cooler per person represents a "constraint"?

Because the only small ones I can find anywhere are in and of themselves the constraint by only holding 6 or 8 with ice. That's not going to cut it.

I bought a collapsable cooler at kmart for about $5 that was right at the dimensions you describe. It would hold quite a bit of beer, and when you're done drinking 50 beers you can dump out the ice and use it for a pillow. :cool:

I'm sure everyone could fit 4 tall boys tucked behind their beltline under their shirt AND carry the cooler.

Ever thought of a Camel back hydration thing filled with Captain Morgans and Coke or Gin ant Tonic? Favorite of mine... and it keeps you cool. Hands free as well. :D

-Mark