Best wax?

I've used all kinds of stuff on my GN for the last 20 yrs. I've used Meguires carnuba,NXT,-well no sense in naning them all cause Ive tried just about all of them. For the last year (on my new paint job) I have been using "Final Detail". It says it is an instant spray wax. My wife bought it for me off of QVC but the company does have a web site. This stuff goes on and buffs off similar to Mequires Quick Detailer. No residue or powder whatsoever. I've always found that Quick detailer gave me the best shine with depth and the least amount of swirl marks and streaking. It is pretty much all I use to clean my car now that it never sees rain or anything. I just use a California duster followed by Meguires Quick Detailer. This new stuff called Final Detail has Zonyl in it which I guess is related to Teflon. These chemicals have come under fire recently for maybe being bad for our health and they don't seem to disintegrate in the environment. That aside (hell I don't want to live forever -and nobody else should be allowed to either :wink: ) this product covers and buffs out to a streak free and swirl free shine really,really easy by hand. I can't claim that it is longer lasting than anything else when subjected to the elements but to me it is the easiest And best looking stuff I have used to date. I really think some of you should give it a try because it sure impressed me. It doesn't loose its depth or yellow, or cloud up over time. It's so easy to use or reapply that if it isn't as long lasting as some other products it almost doesn't matter cause you can do the whole car in short order. I have absolutely no interests in the company or anybody associated with it. It is just the first protective paint product that i have ever used that is the easiest to use and best appearing of anything I have used in 20 years. My wife usually has no clue with anything car related but for some reason she bought this for me to try-and she really found a winner. If anybody lives close to me and wants to try some just let me know and you can try mine. It goes quite a long way (22 oz spray). I used 1 bottle last year. Basically every time i took it out I cleaned it before I put the car away. My paint is basically mint-no swirls or orange peel. After 1 year I still have no swirls. I don't know if it performs as well on an older finish or not but it works for me. I even had my wife buy some for my idiot brother in law to use on his vette. He needs all the help he can get. :rolleyes:
I just edited this because I found the link.
http://www.finaldetail.com/store.asp

I've been using "Buffalo Milke" on the GN with good results. It has UV protectant. So far I think it's good, not spectacular. Then again I'm not a fan of taking two days to detail the paint (ie: wash clean, wax, polish, clay, etc..)

I only put about 500 miles a year on my GN, and it stays under a cover most of the time. It gets waxed every 6 monthes with Medallion wax. I think I wash it once a year or so with Meguiar's #62 car wash soap and water. Weekly cleaning has been done with Meguiar's final inspection spray for many years (I just love the smell of that stuff). The night before a big car show I put some Der Shinny Stuff on. I think that the best advice I can give people with a black show car is "Dont go to car washes".

I am still a big fan of Zainos. I used to use Zymol all the time, but found it too difficult to work with. I even use it on the 70 Mach 1 and it is fantastic.

They have also gotten a lot better with their ordering process. Actually ships next day and complete, unlike Zymol which always had backorders.

Been using Menzerna polishes, with a coat of Klasse all-in-one topped with P21S wax on show cars for a few years with nothing less than complete success.

Just bought some Menzerna FMJ and Final touch glaze, tried it out and it works awesome!

The paint on my Hurst is shot. It is lacquer checked over pretty much the entire car... the paint is so thin I can't buff on it or really polish it. My absolute favorite trick is a locally formulated spray wax that actually has carnauba suspended in it. Name of the product is Brite 1. Here is a picture of my car that gets driven quite a bit in the summertime, and has NOT BEEN POLISHED OR WAXED in a year, just spray waxed with Brite 1.

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/krooswyk/shared/extrapics/DSC00859.JPG
(picture is big, feel free to zoom in :D )

I hope this guy is able to stay in business... he had to invest a lot of money in his formulation of it, and not many people believe it is actually a quality product. He doesn't sell it proclaiming miracles, but everything he claims, it does. I found it at a local swap meet... his demo wasn't full of gimmicks and tricks, just showed how it hides swirls and marks in sunlight on a black harley gas tank. If someone was ever interested in trying it, PM me and I could find a way to get ya some :)

How the hell can some of you go 2 years without washing your car? Mine is filthy and grimey after 3 days on the road.
Anyway, between my last few cars, Ive tried alot of products. For getting the swirls and scratches/spider webbing out, meguiars scratch x is the BEST thing out there. I was visiting my mom and decided to wash my cobra over there. I used a towel she had to dry the car. When I was finished, it looked like I had dried my car with 220 grit sandpaper. I was PISSED. Anyway, the scratch X got all of those swirls out with minimal effort.
Zymol leaves a really deep and almost blue hue to black paint if its put on thick, but its a PITA to remove.
Meguiars wax's are a pain to remove and dont really impress me. There really isnt anything thats impressed me as much as speed bead. Its in an aerosol can and its awesome stuff.
If you dont put it on thick, it will look like oily smudges are all over the car. But if you spray it on really thick, it will look incredible, and the stuff is super easy to wipe off. Plus the water keeps beading for a really long time.

http://www.speedbead.com/index.htm

I use the Zymol Paste not the Liquid junk.
Have to buy it from a dealer of zymol or from their website ( For Black cars)
Put it on and take it off before it drys!
(Soft cloth, more you rub more shine only by hand for me)
The more coats over time the better it gets

Why doesnt the site allow me to edit my post? Is there a time limit? Anyway, here was my cobra after the speed bead. keep in mind that the factory paint job has alot of orange peel.

car050219AA.jpg

DSCF0339.jpg

Yeah that stuff is SO easy to use. It wipes off so easily and protects really well. I use shampoo to wash my car, and the car continued to bead for like 8 months after putting a couple thick coats of speed bead on. My old boss's wife had a nissan truck that had been sitting at work for years, and the paint was super oxidized. I put one coat of that stuff on and it was gleaming afterward. I applied some on my cousin's 5.0 as well, and his red/orange paint looked transluscent afterward. The stuff really works, but I cant seem to find it very easily these days. Kragen stocks it, but they always seem to be fresh out of it. Their glass cleaner works really well too.
I want to know you guys' secret for not washing your car in 2 years and keeping it clean....unless you guys just rarely ever drive your GN's. There is no way I could just spray some stuff on to clean my car, and not scratch the crap out of my paint. Maybe it's just SoCal, but there seems to be ALOT of dirt and dust particles in the air. I'll wash and wax my car, and after a few days, it looks like crap again.
Oh...about those pics above- The car was 5 years old at this point. A daily driver and always in the sun. I worked across the street from 2 paint and body shops, so there always seemed to be paint mist getting on my car. It was an industrial area, so my car would get really dirty. Plus I would only wash my car like every 2 months, and the car would get EXTREMELY dirty between washes. But the speed bead would totally restore the look of the paint, and after a few months without washing it, I could literally just hose the car off, and wouldnt have to wash anything with a mitt or soap. Just spray it with a hose and dry it off. That stuff would keep dirt from embedding in my paint. I need to get some more so I can use it on the GN.