Best radiator for our GNs

Black Sunshine

Slacker
Hello,

My radiator is leaking badly and needs to be replaced within the next few months. I was wondering which one is the best one I can get for my car? I also would need it to fit with my large Front Mount Precision intercooler. The Super Extreme High Flow Radiator from Full Throttle seems pretty good. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance everyone and happy holidays. :cool:

You know what other differences there are between the two? The Full Throttle one weighs less and is a bit cheaper. I am however more interested in quality over price to a extent.

No mine is rusted pretty bad. I'd rather just improve on it with a nice aluminum one. What's so special about to Be Cool Radiators that make them so much more expensive than the others like Full Throttle?

I had a serious leak. I ordered a ALRADCO from Peter. It sould be here any day. I will let you know how it works.

When you compare cost and fitment you should also be comparing the cooling capacity of each unit. The number of tubes, spacing, and sizing make a lot of difference in the cooling capacity.

I had my stocker re-cored locally with a brass core. About $225 I think. Now it's new, stock and everything fit back as it should. My car never got much over 170 unless the a/c was on.

im in sc 100 degree out with ac mine creeped up to 200-212 stock with a front mount an a/c ... just replaced it with a cheap rad will let u know

I had a Precision front mount on my car with the Alradco radiator, fit without issue and worked extremely well.

There's been some threads about the radiator too like this http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...-aluminum-radiator-american-made-alradco.html

and feedback from others with a front mount

I installed my new Alradco radiator a few months ago and I wanted to see what kind of tempurature drop it would make. Today was a hot 90 degrees, and with the old radiator I would typically see temps in the high 180's to low 200's. With the new radiator, today the temps were in the 160's to 170's. I did a few pulls on the street and the highest I saw was 186, and it went back down quickly.

I'd say that the engine temps dropped by roughly 20 degrees on average. The radiator works (and looks) awesome. I run a front mount intercooler and the stock fan, so those of you with dual fans and/or SLIC would see even lower temperatures.

Peter

I have an F-body radiator in south Louisiana and my car hardly ever goes past 160 unless I'm in serious traffic, then it might creep up to 180.

Here's a couple of pictures of my Alradco
Rad3.jpgRad2.jpg

thats correct, but never needed. i change oil every 500 to 1000 miles

When you change the oil that frequently the beneficial additives in the oil never get activated.....but I guess that's off subject.

When you change the oil that frequently the beneficial additives in the oil never get activated.....but I guess that's off subject.

If you race, there are guys that change their oil after each race... I change mine maybe once a month.

Fbody for $78 at advance auto works perfect in my THS car. I also loved my $500 aluminum radiator from gbodyparts fit perfect and had the ports for the factory coolers when I had my stock GN. The alradco looks like a nice piece of work too!