Best radiator for our GNs

I got the black powder coated aluminum radiator from ALRADCO and it is killer! Never even have to turn on my fans, even in hot SoCal weather and traffic. Worth the extra cash, especially after dealing with some F body and/or plastic with aluminum rads which always seep at the seams.

When you change the oil that frequently the beneficial additives in the oil never get activated.....but I guess that's off subject.

yes, it's off subject, and totally separated from reality..
it's usually a waste of money to change oil that often, but you don't need to leave it in to "activate" any additives..

When you change the oil that frequently the beneficial additives in the oil never get activated.....but I guess that's off subject.

not to get off subject, but my car only see's about 2000 miles a year,so i change the oil when it looks bad. it's also cheap insurance since i run it hard, i mean really its only about 25$ to change it

Wow thanks for the great info everyone. That thread you linked Red was Super informative. Looks like you have my business when I need to make the change in 1-3 months. :D

I got an Alradico last year. Perfect fit. I haven't seen temps above 185 deg. since weather sitting in traffic with the outside temp. over 100 or pullung my boat at 85 mph. on the same day.

Previously I had a new 4 row stock radiator, dual fans, sealed the sides to the radiator etc. and the car would run 200 deg. plus under the same conditions.

RJC front mount,,GN1 ALU RAD ,, TWIN FAN ,,GOES OVER 200 WHEN I PUT ON MY AC ,I AM NOT HAPPY,PHOOEY CUSTOM PARTS

I prefer no more than 180's, any more than that and I'd be watching my temp gauge more than the road, but that's just me. Of course, that was with the old rad, not the ALRADCO. I sit at 160 all the time now, and 99% of the time leave the fans switched off.

Which RJC cooler do you have? Higher temps can be expected with the mega thick coolers from what I have read. Those things are THICK and HUGE! They work like mad, but restrict flow to the rad.

I believe the normal operating temperature the factory intended was 208 to allow the catalytic converter to function.

If you are having problems with cooling make sure the factory pieces are in place to seal the radiator to the grill. After 25 years many cars are missing the lower section the factory installed to make sure the air that comes thru the grill must pass thru the radiator. If this piece is missing the air will come thru the grill and hit the FM and go down and under the car and never make it to the radiator. No radiator will keep the car cool if it sees no airflow. I had a $79 F body radiator with a PTE FM on my T Type and drove my car 1500 miles on the Power Tour and never saw temps over 185 even in the hot humid south but I had the grill area well sealed.