Best front mount?

D.K.

It looks like I may be getting back in the game soon. The car I am interested in has some nice bolt ons, but a stock intercooler. I ran a C.A.S. front mount on my 87 GN a few years back and was very happy with the results. Back then the customer support from Tony D was not the best. Has this improved or is another product better??

Thanks guys!!

things with Dequick have only gotten worse. check out the new stock location from precision, or thunder fab.......

Cotton...Cotton...Cotton...Cotton...Cotton

did I metion Cotton's???:D

Perfect fit, looks tight (especially if you polish the side tanks), and most important...it does the job.

Almost any front mount will do the job, personnally I'm sold to the old school ones like the Duttweiler and Kenne Bell unit. They are thickier and they don't take the entire front of the car so you won't experiment the temperature problems like the typical front mount these days. That's why some are taking the stock location route more and more, but if you are looking for the best FM Cotton and Precision are for sure at the top.

All the front mounts are pretty much the same (power wise)unless your gonna run faster than 10's maybe even 9's.
So you should base your decision on price, quality, fit, customer service etc.

Just got done with a Powerstroke FM install. I looked at all the options (Thunder Fab/used CAS/Cotton's/etc) and decided to go with the PS.

Strongest reason? Price. I have about $175 total wrapped up in parts, and about 16 hours of install time. I've had no temp problems thus far, and I can really feel the difference- specifically in the outlet pipe (I/C to throttle body). Much cooler, especially after a couple of hard runs. Also, others have had success with the PS, so I had the experience of others as a baseline.

Other than $$$, ditto on the above info.

I use the man, (Cottons Fm) and have had no problems with it , cooling is not even a issue and the install ------- priceless----ooo yyyyaaa customer service is unbelievable,great, and excellent. :D :D Jr.

Can you guys point out some websites to purchase the cotton intercoolers? What is an estimated price for these items?
Thanks in advance.

You may want to consider the Precision unit (Precision Engine and Turbo) . Its a quality piece with 3" tubing. Many of the fastest turbo Regals in the country use it.