Best dual fan setup

..make the investment and buy the SPAL twin 11" from Cal Hartline. My friend Luis Lopez recommended them to me 9 years ago and they are still working perfectly to this day.
Slim design, low current draw, easy install.

SPAL twin 11".....FTMFW!!

And with the Caspers wiring harness, a no brainer!

Mk 8 fan pulls about 100 amps on start and 30-35 continuous on high speed. It will not fit with a stock location intercooler, fan is too thick. Motorcraft RF-64 or RF-123

Taurus fan may fit w/ SLIC after trimming the plastic shroud, it's a bit thinner. Motorcraft RF-125

FORD TAURUS GL (1992 - 1995)
FORD TAURUS L 1992
FORD TAURUS LX (1992 - 1995)
FORD TAURUS SE 1995
FORD THUNDERBIRD LX (1994 - 1997)
LINCOLN CONTINENTAL (1988 - 1990)
LINCOLN CONTINENTAL EXECUTIVE (1991 - 1994)
LINCOLN CONTINENTAL SIGNATURE (1988 - 1994)
MERCURY SABLE (1992 - 1995)

..make the investment and buy the spal twin 11" from cal hartline. My friend luis lopez recommended them to me 9 years ago and they are still working perfectly to this day.
Slim design, low current draw, easy install.

Spal twin 11".....ftmfw!!

and with the caspers wiring harness, a no brainer!

+1. ;)

They may be a bit pricey, but IMO, worth ever penny. With the SPAL's and Mark's aluminum rad, I've decided to ditch my SLIC and go with a front mount and not have to worry about temps now.

Fans: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Spal...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Harness: http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/product_info.php?products_id=1229

hello people; I got a stupid question here. If you have a good cooling system (Alum.rad. and pump) why would you want more fan unless you just want to cool it faster or you drive in a parade doing burn outs?
IBBY

hello people; I got a stupid question here. If you have a good cooling system (Alum.rad. and pump) why would you want more fan unless you just want to cool it faster or you drive in a parade doing burn outs?
IBBY

The dual fans aren't really required unless you're running a front mount.
And for that matter, aluminum fans aren't really ever required. The problem most run into is badly maintained radiators.
A stock radiator will work just fine behind even the largest of front mounts if it has a clean core. That's the secret. Most don't even realize that after a dozen years or so most of the bottom third of a radiator can be totally clogged and useless.

All I ended up doing was getting a new core for my stock rad. and no more cooling problems at all. This with the huge V2 front mount and dual ramcharger fans.

I also tried bandaiding the problem. My stock fan finally bit the bullet, so I bought an aftermarket single fan. It couldn't handle the job. Bought the dual RamCharger fans, and they didn't really work all that well. Then some slick backyard mechanic showed me an embarassing test. He said run your hand down along the inside of the hot radiator from top to bottom (fins not tanks). I got just a little over half way down and the fins started turning COLD!! :eek: The bottom half of the radiator was clogged.
Got it re cored with stock GN core, and all's cured.

As for aluminum radiators, fine, if you want to spend that kind of money.
The worst radiator I ever owned was a very expensive Griffin/Griffith(whatever), purchased in the middle of the above adventure. Finally found out the problem. Those expensive racing radiators are made for racing. VERY high "fin count per inch". You need to be going well over 100 to get any air through them.

Lessons learned:
A good stock radiator, stock fan will cool just fine with a SLIC (does on my 87)
A good stock radiator, dual fans or real good single will cool just fine with a FMIC (does on my 86).

hello people; It seems I'am always going the wrong way. TurboDave I went for one of those Griffen rads as recommended and it wasn't cheep. I hope it works out. I should be getting my car back soon. I'll let you know. What did you do with your Griffen rad.?
thanks for the cum back
IBBY

I think also that you would want more airflow, hence better fans, if you are using R134a in your a/c system. The stock condenser (from what i read) needs better cooling since it was designed for R12...

I am going for better fans with my F-body and SLIC...

I have the taurus fan on my malibu wagon, gone to the buick. I had to use a 100 amp continuous duty reley, (from a snow plow set-up). This fan eats 30 and 40 amp bosch/helle relays! but it cool my V8 on low speed, high speed kicks on when the air comes on. Cheap, works fantastic, and I have a spare fan motor in the car just in case :)

hello people: I went to Hartline Performance site and there's nothing about fans there. Maybe I didn't see it? Give it a try and tell me what you found.
IBBY

GBodyParts.com Online

I bought the ramcharger fans from Gbodyparts.com on 10/07 for $165.00 and they came with the caspers harness. it was plug and play and works perfect still today. Guess how much they are now! :biggrin:

I

Its noton thier site. Just email Holly @ sales@hartlineperformance.com Goodluck,Edward

hello people: Well I need help going to the site. When I do this message cums up. Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed. Any help in simple, not a computer genius, directions.
IBBY
hello people: Because of the above problem I gave them a call and I did get thru. She was very helpful and a mounting suggestion was to just tie wrap it in place for quick removal if your playing in that area of your car. I did add in conversation that I do that also like in the front of my van. The headlight bezel mounting holes broke so now I just zip tie it in after drilling a couple of holes. I'll probably get them when the winters over.
IBBY

hello people: Well I need help going to the site. When I do this message cums up. Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed. Any help in simple, not a computer genius, directions.
IBBY
hello people: Because of the above problem I gave them a call and I did get thru. She was very helpful and a mounting suggestion was to just tie wrap it in place for quick removal if your playing in that area of your car. I did add in conversation that I do that also like in the front of my van. The headlight bezel mounting holes broke so now I just zip tie it in after drilling a couple of holes. I'll probably get them when the winters over.
IBBY

click below.....

Untitled