best coolant / additive

cronanzone

Looking for opinions and results based information to reduce operating temps. TX summers are brutal

I've already addressed the major stuff intercooler / radiator / fans Etc,
Specifically interested in feedback from guys who have lowered operating temps based on certain coolant / additives
and what gave best results on our cars

TIA

RMI-25 and distilled water. Nick Micale turned me onto this 4 years ago. Works great, car gets to 190 tops with AC on in summer - heat ranging from 85-105F..........

Certainly RMI-25 is the best radiator additive I have found and used for almost 30 years.

Here in the desert, we run water and RMI as we do not have winter freezing temps.

If you do not have freezing temps, just use RMI and water, but add RMI at least every year if you do not have to flush the system.

Antifreeze will not dissipate heat as well as water, and with RMI and water many users have seen 15-20 degrees less at operating temp in the brutal heat areas of the country.

Certainly RMI-25 is the best radiator additive I have found and used for almost 30 years.

Here in the desert, we run water and RMI as we do not have winter freezing temps.

If you do not have freezing temps, just use RMI and water, but add RMI at least every year if you do not have to flush the system.

Antifreeze will not dissipate heat as well as water, and with RMI and water many users have seen 15-20 degrees less at operating temp in the brutal heat areas of the country.
Can RMI-25 be used with a little coolant if you do have freezing temps?

thanks for all the replies and advise guys. ordering some. will report back with reduction in temps I see...

Hey Nick, after a lot of reading on this stuff your name comes up in most of the reading. I have a aluminum 2 Row. Regarding system capacity and amt of RMI to water am I correct in assuming I just need to drain / flush w/ Distilled, fill w/distilled and add 1 8oz bottle?

Thanks!

Hey Nick, after a lot of reading on this stuff your name comes up in most of the reading. I have a aluminum 2 Row. Regarding system capacity and amt of RMI to water am I correct in assuming I just need to drain / flush w/ Distilled, fill w/distilled and add 1 8oz bottle?...........

You are correct, 8oz for 5 gallons, you are fine!

Here's the science guys... Anything you add to water lowers it's cooling ability. Since we can't run pure water without rusting up, something has to be added to avoid that. A few Oz of RMI is as close to pure water as you can get.

For those that run antifreeze, 50/50 is not the gospel. Since you can't go higher than 50 or you'll be adding water to coolant, coolant salespeople recommend you run as much as possible. So half and half is the largest amount you can run and still have a water mixture.

In my case, I run 20% coolant and 80% water since I live in GA.