Lincoln LS TT V8

69charger383

Alright so this winter Im hoping to get quite a bit of this project out of the way, mainly the exhaust. The project car is my summer DD, I have a truck for the winter.

Background on the car:

Its a 2005 Lincoln LS V8, 3.9L DOHC 10.75:1cr, 5speed auto with a TCI Streetfighter 3000rpm converter for newer Mustangs, 3.58 gears out back, 280hp/286tq. My best to date is a 14.375 at around 98.4, pre-converter. Dynod at 251hp/274tq at the wheels pre-converter.

Plan of attack:

This is going to be a budget setup by all means, if the smaller turbos at a low setting blow the engine then Ill build it, as of now these motors have seen 7psi by means of a remote mount Turbonetics 60-1 and 9psi with an Eaton M90, both were custom setups that pushed 400rwhp. Im setting my mind on 5psi with 2 stock/rebuilt GN turbos with either a air/water intercooler or a front mounted air/air with meth/alcohol injection, possibly just the air/air like the other guys. A set of Cobra 39lb/hr injectors and a Ford GT fuel pump will take care of the fuel system. I have still yet to decide on inlet tubing size, intercooler size, charge piping size, wastegates (external or internal), if external I have no idea what size would be ideal. As far as tuning I will be using a SCT Xcal2 and burning my own tunes via SCT Pro Tuner software. EGR will be deleted, rear O2 sensors will be deleted, cats taken out. Wideband will be used, possibly the Fast dual wideband setup. My main concern with this build is underhood temps and space. Pusher fans might be utilized on the intercooler or radiator and removing the windshield cowl to vent under hood temps are being considered, temps dropped 20+ degrees under hood with it removed.

I believe thats about it as of right now. Any and all opinions are welcome as well as information on what your advice might be. Thanks and hopefully with the help from this board my project will get completely, I chose this forum because you guys deal with turbos and thats about it and Ive learned quite a bit on here already.

Attachments

• DSCF0036.jpg
    DSCF0036.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 12,680
  • DSCF1315.jpg
    DSCF1315.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 11,261
Wow, that sounds like a really cool project.
Be careful with the injectors if you turn the boost up.
You have about 700hp worth of turbo and about 450hp worth of injector.

with 2 stock/rebuilt GN turbos with either a air/water intercooler or a front mounted air/air with meth/alcohol injection, possibly just the air/air like the other guys.

Nice cars, the LS. I've thought of this before, took one look under the hood and said not likely. Where do you intend to put all this stuff? Would it not be simpler to drop in a Lightning mill or something? How stout can that little V8 be built if needed? Very cool ride once done, what the Marauder should have been.

They are going to be as close to the engine as possible.. Rear mount turbo has already been done, altho I could do rear twins but thats a helluvalot of plumbing..

Great project , where are you going to get the internals for the JAG motor? Is there a aftermarket for them overseas? I was looking at these cars awhile back but I did feel like there was an aftermarket for them stateside.

Ya, the bottom ends on these don't seem strong at all. The rods are TINY. Not sure what kind of aftermarket there is for these cars but my cousin found a Supercharger kit for about 4000. I wouldn't trust it with stock internals though.

Stock internals so far have allowed 450 to the wheels on boosted aps and theyve taken 150 shots no problem. There isnt an aftermarket for these cars. Oh and Im going with a single T70 up in the front bumper, I have a procharger twin core front mount thats going in as well. Still accumulating pieces but Ive done a quick mock up.