Best BOV for the Money?

Thats all that matters.i know that the ssq bov has two valves.1 for low boost and 1 for high.Its a good idea.what psi does it open at?i see that most of these bov open at 8-10psi and up.i know 5psi wont hurt the turbo but every little bit helps.

The HKS seems to do a pretty good job opening even at very low boost. You'll still hear it open even if you were only pushing 5psi.

Scratch that.... I just switched to the newer version SSQV and definitely still get turbo flutter. It was fine back when I still had the stock turbo but I guess this 6157 is more to handle. Guess I could be a major ricer and go with dual SSQVs.

I have Turbonetics' Godzilla valve. I like it a lot.

godzilla-1.jpg

godzilla-2.jpg

Jim

The Godzilla has worked fine by me also. Even with the 91mm.

the Godzilla is what I would get if I didn't have the tial Q already

but also if I needed it. Don your build is just a taaaad bit more expensive then mine :)

i got a $10.00 2001 subaru wrx recirculating bov. but it made no difference so i have it venting to the atmosphere.

$350 according to Jegs. :eek:

I think I might have to try a Tial style BOV as this HKS is fluttering too much.

Yeah, it's expensive. I think I found it for $299 somewhere when I bought mine. It's solid though - either open or closed. No flutter and very precise. It has a port on both sides of the diaphragm, too, so you can use boost to help hold it shut if you want to. I tried it using the 2nd port, but it gets tricky to get it to open and close when you want it to.

Jim

Yeah, it's expensive. I think I found it for $299 somewhere when I bought mine. It's solid though - either open or closed. No flutter and very precise. It has a port on both sides of the diaphragm, too, so you can use boost to help hold it shut if you want to. I tried it using the 2nd port, but it gets tricky to get it to open and close when you want it to.

Jim
X2. I use both ports.

Where does it say they used the Q?

it doesn't say it anywhere, I just know what one looks like. I posted a picture of all tials BOV's including one of there older versions in a previous post in this same thread. I am watching some more videos online, this time of John Henssey, one of his 1400hp vipers had two tials, and they were the old version ones too. This video is a year old when he could only get his viper to scratch 200mph in the mile run, he had tranny problems, tire problems, ecu problems, but not a problem with tial's bov ;)

Don I would get the Godzilla but I'm not as baller as you :)

it doesn't say it anywhere, I just know what one looks like. I posted a picture of all tials BOV's including one of there older versions in a previous post in this same thread. I am watching some more videos online, this time of John Henssey, one of his 1400hp vipers had two tials, and they were the old version ones too. This video is a year old when he could only get his viper to scratch 200mph in the mile run, he had tranny problems, tire problems, ecu problems, but not a problem with tial's bov ;)

Don I would get the Godzilla but I'm not as baller as you :)

That's OK. Use what works for you.