Best 3.8 engine builder

My vote is for Don Cruz.Mods are in my sig. Daily Driver over 5k miles and 0 problems.(knocking on wood as I type).He's in Tampa Fl.

Shaun

My vote is for Don Cruz.Mods are in my sig. Daily Driver over 5k miles and 0 problems.(knocking on wood as I type).He's in Tampa Fl.

Shaun

Hell I didn't know Don Cruz built motors for the masses, good to know.

Bryan

Who ever you choose just make sure you do your search on them there is a lot of guys out there who build a motor or two on here and think there engine builders. Just look at peoples sigs on here and most say who built there motor just pm them and ask questions am sure they will be more than happy to tell you if there satisfied with there build good luck in your search!!!! I installed a front pump and a valve body in a tranny once does that make me a trans builder??? Lmao good luck man.....

And when you get your motor built just have brian aka phonguy .... Test it if he can't blow it no one can lol righgt brian!!!!

Thanks for the recomendations guys... I talked to Nick at AZGN today, got some good intel.
I'm going to pull the heads and take a look at the bottom end and see if it's just headgaskets before I decide to do anything else.

Hell I didn't know Don Cruz built motors for the masses, good to know.

Bryan
I dont know about the masses but he will definately build u a motor. not sure if he does simple rebuilds tho. but then again, who builds anything simple anyway?:rolleyes: other then simply expensive. but I think u get wat u pay for usually.:cool:

And when you get your motor built just have brian aka phonguy .... Test it if he can't blow it no one can lol righgt brian!!!!

If I can't blow it up, it is good to go... currently in need of test motor... any takers?

Do yourself a favor and read the thread about stagemonster and weber engines. It's better to let the engine builder put the heads and intake on and do the oil priming or you may stuck with out any kind of warranty if the motor fails because of lack of oil pressure.

Out West... Lou Czarnota, Nick Micale, and TA Performance.

Yeah, Russ Merritt got two thumbs up from me! When I had one done by him it came complete. Throttle body to oil pan and water pump pulley to flex plate. This was part of the initial agreement on the build. he had to assemble it all or no build. I have pictures of the entire process too. Head and intake porting, assembly, painting, the whole nine. It was primed, plugs in, and gapped, cam sensor set, and came with a packet that covered break-in, pressure specs, basic tuning and recommended fluids. Spec sheet for all the torque specs, measurements, and part identification numbers. He has since stop doing Buicks.

DLS Engine Development

Dan has built some of the fastest v-6 combos in the community.

One guy and one guy ONLY Mr Duttweiler he is doing my wifes TA engine I will have NO worries it will last for years

Performance Machine in San Antonio, TX.
They have built several 3.8 turbo race motors for me over the years.
They do excellent work and have the tooling (honing torque plates, etc.) for the 3.8 Buick.
He races top fuel boats and has an excellent machine shop.
Look up Nitro Chicken on U-Tube or nitrochicken.com on the web.
His name is Doug Verstuyft and the phone number is 210-623-3737.
Evan is the right hand man and also considerable Buick turbo engine experience.
Good luck.

Russ Merritt did mine also. Zero issues and was everything he promised and more. Wish he would get back into Buicks.

DLS!!!! When Dan builds me a motor i can put my head down at night and sleep knowing it's as good as money can buy. He is honest to a fault and will tell you things you do not want to hear but it's always the truth, i trust him 110% on build and quality. His work is not just building the motor but presentation, everything lines up and looks like a work of art. I know each person has their own opinion and i will not try to change their minds but DLS is awesome period.

Performance Machine in San Antonio, TX.
They have built several 3.8 turbo race motors for me over the years.
They do excellent work and have the tooling (honing torque plates, etc.) for the 3.8 Buick.
He races top fuel boats and has an excellent machine shop.
Look up Nitro Chicken on U-Tube or nitrochicken.com on the web.
His name is Doug Verstuyft and the phone number is 210-623-3737.
Evan is the right hand man and also considerable Buick turbo engine experience.
Good luck.

Thanks for the note.
I pulled the down-pipe, and there was no oil in it so I'm thinking it's just the head-gasket.... I pray that's all it is as I'd really like to focus some money on the wheels and full gauge cluster.

It would be great to have someone local to Austin for this.. I'm