Best 3.8 engine builder

GlockandRoll

Who's the most reputable for reliable street engines that I can have some fun w/if I ever wanted to put on the track?
Not looking for a 10 second race car to notch the frame and put a cage in, just a rebuild with befier components that will last and last and last.

Thanks!

I've read about Jack Merkel, but my main goal is durability. I dont plan on putting it on a track and would love to get some more power, but reliablity and streetable fuel economy is a must. Any recomendations in the Austin, TX area is appreciated. Thanks!

DLS, Zimmerman, RPE, Wildcat performance, TA Performance. A few off the top off my head...not listed in order of hiearchy.

If I were going to pay someone to build a Buick for me there is no question it would be RPE
Mike

hey james i was wondering if you had a power driver's seat for a turbo-t with a gray interior? i could use one since i drive the car to thye beach 90miles away only. i could use the back support,we are all getting older,please get back to me either here on a PM or my cell is 267 701 5727 thank you

Just remember even if ya have the best of the best build a motor doesn't mean it will never blow up. Have other mechanical problems (KNOCK) and your new masterpiece welllll.. you know. :p

Who's the most reputable for reliable street engines that I can have some fun w/if I ever wanted to put on the track?
Not looking for a 10 second race car....Thanks!

We have done a few hundred re-builds like you want, and can do it with a 6-8 week turn-around time. :)

sooo how much would somthing like that would go for just a bottom end and i suppllied the the piston rings studs just looking for the machine work to be done balance/bored 20 over install main studs and fit caps line hone install new cam bearings and final cleaningjust need ball park figure .from one of these gentelmen that are the best at doing our turbo moters .thanks

sooo how much would somthing like that would go for just a bottom end and i suppllied the the piston rings studs just looking for the machine work to be done balance/bored 20 over install main studs and fit caps line hone install new cam bearings and final cleaningjust need ball park figure .from one of these gentelmen that are the best at doing our turbo moters .thanks

hmmmm... isn't that like bringing your bacon an eggs to a restaurant an tell em just to cook it for you ?? :confused:

Turn around time plus a builder who cares are key , some of the builders on here are cocky as hell and have no time for you plus take a year to build you a motor!!There some very good engine builders Dave at www.Turbobuickperformance.com is building me a motor and takes the time to talk to you and builds a kick butt motor

as for the bacon and eggs i love them but i do have the frying pan at home to make them so i wouldnt have to bring them anywhere to eat .

as for the bacon and eggs i love them but i do have the frying pan at home to make them so i wouldnt have to bring them anywhere to eat .

Well, take it from me, let them supply the stuff!
I shipped a block that had a hairline crack... $200
I shipped a front cover, junk aftermarket... $15
Sent him my cam, chipped gear and he wouldn't use it...$15
Get another one locally... chipped during shipping! He got me one...add to the tab!
Ordered pistons new that he picked but my ring choice(discount:biggrin:) He didn't like them...dang!! add rings to the tab!
Valve spring change due to cam change... glad he was the one who did the heads.
I wasted a lot money shipping, and both of our time on parts that did not workout!

thanks for your replies and and straightup and forward now i guess bacon and eggs was breakfast soooo whats for lunch grumpy?beside football go jets .

If I were going to pay someone to build a Buick for me there is no question it would be RPE
Mike
Another vote for RPE here. He is a great guy to deal with and knows these motors very well. Just let him know your goals and he will make his HONEST recommendations with no BS. In my case I sent him a stroker kit, block and my GN1 aluminum heads, my intake, roller rockers and a new set of Morel lifters. He provided all machine work, balancing, custom cam, valve springs,push rods, oil pump and cover, head gaskets, intake gaskets, stainless bolts, probably more that I haven't listed, shaved my heads, drilled and tapped 3 holes in back of intake(IAT and vacuum), assembly including heads with rockers adjusted and intake. Put it on a a boxed in pallet and shipped it to me. I think my total bill from him was $4600.00. I am very happy with my decision to use him.
Good luck
Bryan