Bent rim possibly causing knock?

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
tonight on the way home, i was crusing down the highway at about 80 mph, and i glance over at my scanmaster and notice 6.3 degrees of knock retard. :confused: wtf?? everything else looks fine on the scanmaster...

i was thinking, that my front passenger side rim is bent, so around 80+ it makes the car shake pretty good, could this be causing the knock retard that i am getting? if so thats not cool because thats the 3rd Weld rim that i have gone through in the front :mad:

hope that could be the problem.

thanks for any insight.

-Neil

Well at the very least its got to cause a nasty vibration. When me and megan were next to you we couldn't believe you even drive it like that

Originally posted by marc86mcss
Fix your rim and find out ;)
I dont know an answer to your question but thats what I'd do.
ttt

except a rim costs 150+.. and it would be the thrid one for the front i bought :rolleyes:

welds look nice but they dont like me...

-Neil

uh, this is kinda a big problem, becuase today on my way to my girl friends house, going down the highway, on a bend, at around 65-70mph. and the scanmaster read 19.5 degrees of knock retard! yes, incase you need to hear that again, it read 19.5 degrees of KR. i wasnt even in boost.. i think it is the rim because as i go around the bend the steering wheel was shaking pretty bad.

so anyone have any ideas?

thanks

-Neil

Do you have any spare wheels and tires you can throw on there and see? Then you would know if you need to buy a new wheel or not.

Originally posted by SPEEDY TY
Do you have any spare wheels and tires you can throw on there and see? Then you would know if you need to buy a new wheel or not.

i thought about doing that, but all i have is a the spare doughnut, and i dont know if i trust that on the highway all that much..

-Neil

I got spares dude...ET Streets, Yokohamas, Cadillac... ;) My extra GN rims should be in this week, we'll get em mounted and balanced and put em on the front of your car...see how she flies.

Originally posted by WakkoSS
I got spares dude...ET Streets, Yokohamas, Cadillac... ;) My extra GN rims should be in this week, we'll get em mounted and balanced and put em on the front of your car...see how she flies.

Thanks buddy!!! and guess what?! I finally got bumper fillers!!! wooo no one will know who's GN that is... heh ;)

-Neil