Help Requested on Knock Retard on My E85 Turbo Trans Am

So I go to the Shell gas station in schaumburg tonight to get some e85 and tested it. Think I may have found a culprit.

I also did a test run from 50. I'll upload the file soon. KR was 4.4.

But I've never seen e85 this low. Looks like e55!!!!! Anyone else ever seen this?

That's scary :eek:. Looks like it's time to get a tester. I'm curious, probably a dumb question but what method do you use to the fuel into the little tester tube? Bring a funnel to the gas station and just squirt a little in?

I've got an on board ethanol analyzer and display on mine. I've seen lots of variance in E content. Sadly it's rare I see anything as high as E85. Low has been 76.

That's scary :eek:. Looks like it's time to get a tester. I'm curious, probably a dumb question but what method do you use to the fuel into the little tester tube? Bring a funnel to the gas station and just squirt a little in?
I use one of those methanol primer bottles with the little tube sticking out of the top. Makes it easy to fill the test tube.

I saw an energy constant on my FAST this morning after a fill up of .680, still E85 here in cincy

Last edited:
Man we are so lucky here in kansas. Every time we check ours it's around E90! I didn't know it could be below e70.

Seems like Shell is about the only place where we find really low ethanol content.