Would an out of balance driveshaft cause knock?

ttribejr

I am trying to diagnose my car. Its a fresh build, and was running strong at 24psi boost, good clean logs.

My dumb ass forgot to torque down the caps that hold the drive shaft to the pinion, so when I was about to launch the car the bolts had eventually walked out enough wear the u-joints tore through them and my drive shaft went banging around hitting my exhaust and everything it could hit.

Visible the drivehsaft is ok, except the flange had a few nicks in it. I installed new U joints and reused the driveshaft.

Now I am getting knock at around 20psi / 22 timing. I tried pulling some timing and still getting knock. Keep in mind I have made 10+ passes at this boost and never had knock on my logs.

I cant find anything loose or rattling. I just replaced my entire rear suspension and axle housing bushings. New HR motor mounts up front too.

I am trying to narrow it down. I don't feel any vibration when the knock happens, but things happen fast at this power level on this car.

The knock is in first gear and any gear.

Car runs strong until XFI pulls all my timing out when the knock shows up.

Any Ideas? trying to think outside the box on ANYTHING that could be causing this.

The exhaust and downpipe are clear of frame, etc.

Pull the driveshaft & have the balance checked/re-balanced.

Good time to install a driveshaft safety hoop if you don't have one already.