Belts, linkage, and some wires

1985buickttype

1. Does anyone have a belt diagram? I took my belts off to replace them some months ago and never got around to reinstalling them. I cant get any on and the guy at the parts store said they were exactley like the ones I brought in so maybe I am doing wrong.

2. When installing my new steering column there are two wires that I can not figure out where they go on the column. I will post pictures later of what they look like but if memorey serves they were very small.

3. When installing my shifting linkage back in my car I broke a bolt. I dont know If I am describing this right but the bolt on the part that can be adjusted to shift the car into park I broke that. What is the proper place to adjust it to and what are the deminsions on the bolt and a good place to buy one from?

Thanks for the help!

also whats the best way to drain your radiator, change hoses and thermostat?

See pic for belt routing.
The AC goes to the middle crank pulley groove, engine side waterpump pulley.

Don't know what radiator you have but best way to drain the radiator is by removing the drain plug.

Attachments

• Belt routing.jpg
    Belt routing.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 81
looks good...thanks for the help Jerryl. When replacing the thermostat should you use some sort of gasket sealent on the gasket? And what type of radiator fluid do yall use?

1985buickttype said:
looks good...thanks for the help Jerryl. When replacing the thermostat should you use some sort of gasket sealent on the gasket? And what type of radiator fluid do yall use?

There is no sealant needed on the gasket.
Just make sure you prep the surface.

As far as coolant, I run distilled water with a can of Presto Anti-rust treatment. I add a little bit of antifreeze in the middle of the 32 degree Houston winters, just to be on the safe side. (I am still unsure if you need any AF)