Belt tensioner

Tom87GNX

Has anyone had any luck locating belt tensioners for our cars? I know Dayco and Gates are out of the game. I did get a Goodyear tensioner number, but after a while of searching I only found one on Ebay. I'm not currently in need of one, just curious for the future.

Try Nos4gn.com, they do not show on the web site so I would call them,
or gbodyparts.com. shows to be on backorder, again I would call them to.

Thanks
Bill

Tom87GNX said:
Goodyear # 49369.

What a crock of shit. I bought that tensioner off EBay only to get a message that it is not in stock anylonger. How in the hell did it get listed if you don't have it in stock?!?!? Assholes

GNRick, NO.
Donnie don't feel bad I had the same thing happen to me four different times from four different suppliers. Iv'e done a nation wide search for these and have come up DRY !!!
Glen at Highway Stars doesn't even show them anymore??

It sounds as if someone could make an adapter kit that can use one of another car....

Brian from G Body Parts is having them re-tooled. I have not heard a date yet, but I know they are on his list.

How often do these things fail? I have two GN's with about 200k miles on them. What is the symptom of a bad tensioner?

I got a new last year from my local parts store I can't rember the name of who made it though I know it wasn't a well known company like Goodyear

Brian from G Body Parts is having them re-tooled. I have not heard a date yet, but I know they are on his list.
Rick at Baer is working on a billet piece for us.
I just got the Correct stock pulleys rebuilt. They will be in this week. Steel with the lip edge on them.
If any one is in a bind for a tensioner we did have a few broken ear units welded up. This would get you thru until the new units are out. Just e-mail me.

What a crock of shit. I bought that tensioner off EBay only to get a message that it is not in stock anylonger. How in the hell did it get listed if you don't have it in stock?!?!? Assholes
Most likely they sold it out the back door with a high private offer.

How often do these things fail? I have two GN's with about 200k miles on them. What is the symptom of a bad tensioner?
The little ear breaks off that the alternator bolt passes through in the front.
A rebuildable billet version of this is needed.

Yeah, Brian's where suppose to be out around Thanksgiving but NO word yet?? Chime in here Brian !!
Don't see you taking any that $ you make selling parts & putting it back onto re-building parts there Mikey ;) Oh yes he did LOL
I'll e-mail Rick or maybe he will chime in.

I didn't see where it is OBO. ?? Looks like straight bidding with a reserve to me.?? It's also the second run one you could buy from Napa and other parts stores, the one on the left in this pic. is a REAL GM one.

Attachments

• 000_0152.jpg
    000_0152.jpg
    949 KB · Views: 429
I didn't see where it is OBO. ?? Looks like straight bidding with a reserve to me.?? It's also the second run one you could buy from Napa and other parts stores, the one on the left in this pic. is a REAL GM one.
Mike- is there anything wrong with the NAPA version? Less heavy duty maybe? I ordered one as a spare, should be here Saturday.

Nope they are exactly the same except for the little symbol and part number as you can see in the pic. Your good to go. May I ask where you even found one?