Before Black BS'ing thread.

when you go to put your 301 on, you will have to do more to the intake.:biggrin:

Not sure what you mean Matt.:confused: The intake bottom will be taken out and then the insides will be cleaned up. I'll be welding on the top to add matereal to smooth the sharp corners and dropping the bottom at least .5" to add some volume to it.:biggrin: I've looked at the design several times and the problem is the narrow area that the air fuel mix has to go through. Kinda reverse of the HA SFI cars.

Not sure what you mean Matt.:confused: The intake bottom will be taken out and then the insides will be cleaned up. I'll be welding on the top to add matereal to smooth the sharp corners and dropping the bottom at least .5" to add some volume to it.:biggrin: I've looked at the design several times and the problem is the narrow area that the air fuel mix has to go through. Kinda reverse of the HA SFI cars.

hey charlie are you familiar with auto CAD?

I've got mechanical desktop on disc kid.:biggrin: What do you want to know?:confused:

well

for 1: I was curious how you blueprinted the mods youve done so far and i was wondering the whole time if you were using some sort of computerized program

two 2: i was trying to see if you could send me a CAD image of a stock 83 intake with an enlarged inlet port from the turbo, so insead of about 1 1/4 more like 3 inches, to ensure the air is cooled getting into the engine, and maybe some larger more efficend ports..

take for a VERY rough example, a six legged spider (l0l take me seriously for a moment) and at the end of each leg was an intake port into each head, and it rose above the engine about 3 inches. and at the spiders back was the hot air inlet from the turbo into the engine. No it might not fit under the stock hood, but yes it could still be used with a draw through application, but some work would have to be done to the turbo... i can picture it in my head, but not on paper, but maybe on a program that I havent used since 6th grade:)

I know for sure it would cool incoming charged air. it would be perhaps modded from the original air intake, and would have the same thermostat housing, PEVR valve attachements, and all other stock factory fitting and lines would fit.

isnt that kind of similar to the "high rise ram air" 4bbl intake manifolds for the Buick Stage 2 engines? then put on an AK miller box for draw through turbo, one that bolts directly between the 4bbl carb and the intake manifold but has plumbing coming out of it to the turbo and back...I seem to recall a very odd D/T box that had the top part as a square, with an exit port on a side and the floor was basically sloping down to the two ports to go to the turbocharger itself, and on a 3rd side was the main inlet from turbo to the bottom of it which led to the 4bbl intake manifold...not sure how it'd be mounted but it was for a boat?

you will soon. remember i am putting the 301 on my car now. why do you think it took me so long to look for a downpipe flanges. this in not just a bolt in thing.

you will soon. remember i am putting the 301 on my car now. why do you think it took me so long to look for a downpipe flanges. this in not just a bolt in thing.

Well duh!:biggrin: Never said it was easy Matt.:biggrin: I've got several pipes and flanges here now waiting to be cut up when it gets to that point. Both internal and external 3" so I'm good to go. I have an external gate still in the box as well, with tubing and everything.:eek::cool:

Well duh!:biggrin: Never said it was easy Matt.:biggrin: I've got several pipes and flanges here now waiting to be cut up when it gets to that point. Both internal and external 3" so I'm good to go. I have an external gate still in the box as well, with tubing and everything.:eek::cool:

you never did anser my question charlie, look up!!:D

not talking about that. i suggest you mock up the turbo first. you will see why.

No. That flexi tube is junk. The EGT's are high enough that it would probably just melt. Of course it would be easier than fabbing one up but would not only look like junk and would rot out in a year.

Stay away.

Which reminds me I have that jig for DP's sitting in a shed just begging to be used. :D

No. That flexi tube is junk. The EGT's are high enough that it would probably just melt. Of course it would be easier than fabbing one up but would not only look like junk and would rot out in a year.

Stay away.

Which reminds me I have that jig for DP's sitting in a shed just begging to be used. :D

It's illegal in most states for automotive use. It's legal for large trucks because of where the exhaust is located.