Before Black BS'ing thread.

can our engine be stroked? ive seen stroker 86 and 87s, and v8s, but what about ours? id think we would need a bit more detonation tuning though.

Sure you can. $10K and a lot of study and it can be done. Not kidding about the price either. It takes a very knowledgable machinist to do it and it aint cheap. I looked at how much it would cost to do the 4.1 I've got here and decided it wasn't worth it right now.:frown:

Sure you can. $10K and a lot of study and it can be done. Not kidding about the price either. It takes a very knowledgable machinist to do it and it aint cheap. I looked at how much it would cost to do the 4.1 I've got here and decided it wasn't worth it right now.:frown:

OMG, i though our engines were a bit cheaper than SFI... but dang. for you could just go witha serious blow through setup. definetly running 10s.

one last question, will a knock sensor from a standard 84 regal work on our cars? i found one in good shape that was a little wet, but looked pretty new actually.

and a standard 3.8 timing cover... will work as well... i found a parts regal in good shape.

OMG, i though our engines were a bit cheaper than SFI... but dang. for you could just go witha serious blow through setup. definetly running 10s.

one last question, will a knock sensor from a standard 84 regal work on our cars? i found one in good shape that was a little wet, but looked pretty new actually.

and a standard 3.8 timing cover... will work as well... i found a parts regal in good shape.

A stroker is very complicated and that's why it costs so much to get it right. 5 years ago I could've built it for $2500 but the parts just aren't there any more, unless you want to pony up the money.:frown:

What year is the Regal you're looking at. If it's an 85 or newer the you'll need to do so mods to it to fit the 84 and earlier blocks. Not hard but since, as you said, you're mechanically challenged, it's a little complicated.:redface:

A stroker is very complicated and that's why it costs so much to get it right. 5 years ago I could've built it for $2500 but the parts just aren't there any more, unless you want to pony up the money.:frown:

What year is the Regal you're looking at. If it's an 85 or newer the you'll need to do so mods to it to fit the 84 and earlier blocks. Not hard but since, as you said, you're mechanically challenged, it's a little complicated.:redface:

well ive got the knock sensor off of the 85 and it connects just like the rest of my 83 system. I think a little splicing should do the trick.

will the timing cover work?

^^^
TRUTH.COM right here :frown:

Is there a way to straighten the center section of a hatch roof? my tops will fit snugly, but it seems slightly arced in the middle. the factory adhesive seal seems strong still, but im worried about rust. Therefore im taking apart all interior trim to check. And while im at it ill be creating my very own rear seat bracing, similar to what the GNx had. Ive got some bars, and plenty of bolts. all I need is a drill bit... and a drilll.... :smile:

I know less than Geno lol; 83turbo; clean out ur PM box! check the Lakewood yard for an 85 Skyhawk; apparently it got brought in on 3/05/2011...and let me know!
still looking for a buick engined car...but looks like its gonna be put on hold indef until i get a job

ya a skyhawk got brought in, its in decent shape and the motor seems intact, but dont put out more than a measly double digit figure HP rating...

is the motor a 2.0 OHV? theyre asking 250 for the complete assembly; my friend is not looking to soup up his Firenza wagon lol; as it is the wife's back-up car

can someone with a 83 intake send or post a picture of there thermostat housing?
i need to know what it looks like, so, i can get one.

is there ANY mods you can do to the stock intake on an 83?

Do you read anything on this board?:rolleyes:

I got some tail lights if you got any cash. THey aren't perfect but they're useable.

I got black trim 81-83 that are in nice shape and 84-87 driver quality one black trim one chrome.

Do you read anything on this board?:rolleyes:

I got some tail lights if you got any cash. THey aren't perfect but they're useable.

I got black trim 81-83 that are in nice shape and 84-87 driver quality one black trim one chrome.

FYI... I do read alot on this board, enough so that if i could find a reasonably priced TTA turbo i could do the mods myself. I was thinking of maybe some custom work done to the intake besides doing alky to cool the air charge, maybe enlarging the turbo port, and increasing the diameter of the neck of the intake. as for the tailights, i found one at Pick N Pull, but would you want to trade me a chrome 84-87 drivers side for one the same of your black trimmed one?

FYI... I do read alot on this board, enough so that if i could find a reasonably priced TTA turbo i could do the mods myself. I was thinking of maybe some custom work done to the intake besides doing alky to cool the air charge, maybe enlarging the turbo port, and increasing the diameter of the neck of the intake. as for the tailights, i found one at Pick N Pull, but would you want to trade me a chrome 84-87 drivers side for one the same of your black trimmed one?

We'll see. Remind me this summer. I'm gonna try to keep a few things I may need until I get the car painted.

We'll see. Remind me this summer. I'm gonna try to keep a few things I may need until I get the car painted.

okay. Im not 100% percent sure if i want to actuall use the black trim on my car, the chrome on my car looks pretty nice, and would look even better if it was rechromed. the chrome to me doesnt match my engine, which is all black. if you got any black trim gimme a quote and ill think about it.