Before Black BS'ing thread.

really. I was under the impression that the 2.5L Tech IV (tech 4) Iron Dukes were the same size from FWD to RWD, and as such, can use the S10 block or crank; according to Fiero forums, specifically the 2M4 forum.

im not entirely sure on that... I could care less on anything non super duty so I dont really pay attention.

I do know that there are certain vin codes that are shorter than others... definitly something I would double check.

A.j.

alrighty. i;ll find things out eventually.
as for the Regal, its a 1985 regal in primer with hood showing rust popping up (no telling whats underneath, its obscured by weeds!) and has Oldsmobile wheels on it, engine si NOT a 3.8L v6, it is a v8 of some sort...think its an Olds 307. interior is trashed. dealer(sorta) is asking $1200 for it, so i walked away from it.

Not turbo but Buick related: I got news this morning that a new world record has been set within the Nailhead group I'm involved with. Bob Quigg and his '66 GS with driving help from Tom Telesco clicked off two 10 sec passes in the all steel full bodied door slammer with a 4 spd manual. 10.975@123 and 10.864@124.93 just last weekend (fri-sat). Not bad for 40+ technology and nearly 4k lbs weight.
401ci Nailhead baby!

Im kinda wondering, whats the inside of a C/T intake look like? Im assuming its like a HA intake with the all the wierd looking passages, but Im not sure. Cant remember what the inside of mine looked like when I had it off. Just kinda curious.

Im kinda wondering, whats the inside of a C/T intake look like? Im assuming its like a HA intake with the all the wierd looking passages, but Im not sure. Cant remember what the inside of mine looked like when I had it off. Just kinda curious.

there is a big center flat spot with a little bar that runs down the center. i dont even know what its there for. clue me in guys. then there is the port of course. i cut the bottom off a while ago to port it, but didnt take alot of pictures. now i wished i did. i wouldn't cut the bottom off any time soon again, i dont have a alum welder so it cost me alot to have it welder back together.

that divider is there to help control puddling.

it looks like a flat spider if you ask me.

terrible all alround really.

A.j.

and the HA intake is worse flowing than the 86/87 intake? is it any way similar to say, a FWD intake manifold in terms of air pathways? if not..that make sense. if so..then...that opens up interesting possibilities...especially one where the injector holes are used for alky lol. I was thinking more along the lines of a fabricated tunnel ram system similar to the set up used on Indy engines......with the carb being the high point...if that make sense? i mean...6 individual tubes to the intakes, from a central air "box" with dividers for the wet charge....equal length air flow if possible.. of course it would stick out of the hood quite a bit, if one used long tubes..but using short tubes might work?

It looks like sh!t inside.
It's got very narrow and LONG runners and has hardly any volume to it, plus it also has the shape of a M like a spider body. Meaning the turbo foot flange on the manifold where the main plenum convergence is, that the LOWEST spot on the intake, then the charge has to go uphill on a small ramp to where the head port starts and then down again past the intake valve. So if you could view it from the side it would look like a six legged spider with two of the three legs on either side running parallel to each other, the spiders butt (middle) would be on the ground and his knees bent a little Like this M
All of that runner plenum is good for low and mid range power, but it kills the top end for power.

So its just more like a normal intake than a HA intake. I guess thats an OK thing. How much do you gain in height going to something like a weiand? 5 inches? I know that intake sits SO low. It looks like a bowl in the middle. Problem is when you change the intake everthing else changes. Brackets, up and down pipes, oil drain and supply. It isnt easy. Be just as cheep as a blow through.