Before Black BS'ing thread.

Just wait until it pops a head gasket bud, then you'll pop one as well.:biggrin: It's around 25 hours to repair it if it does.:eek: Have to pull the engine and tranny from the bottom to do it. And yes, I have before you ask.:biggrin: A total PITA!:mad:

just did it. was a piece of cake.

no worse than the taurus was.

thats how I got the car so cheap.

roast those tires though....

A.j.

I hope you replaced the head bolts and put inserts in the head bolt threads. This seems to be the bad part about those blocks. The threads strip most of the time when you pull the heads.

I hope you replaced the head bolts and put inserts in the head bolt threads. This seems to be the bad part about those blocks. The threads strip most of the time when you pull the heads.

didnt need the inserts, but did upgrade to studs.

so we will see how she holds. she had green antifreeze to begin with.... so i reckon somebody had taken good care of her.

A.j.

Hello Gentlemen and viewers!
I apologize for being away from the board a bit lately. I've been making preparations for another wheeling/camping/party adventure in the mountains this weekend and working on side jobs in PA.
So after this weekend I'll be back full force.

Hello Gentlemen and viewers!
I apologize for being away from the board a bit lately. I've been making preparations for another wheeling/camping/party adventure in the mountains this weekend and working on side jobs in PA.
So after this weekend I'll be back full force.

that sounds like a really bomb ass idea! im gonna go wheelin too!

A.j.

wow.... buicks are stressful things:rolleyes: coulda bought a v8:tongue:

thats still better than "shoulda bought a toyota(or honda) since they don't need as much work" :mad: never mind that dealers here loves to gouge people on such cars, IE, $1200-1500 for a 200K mile 80s toyota with torn seats and faded paint

Well, I havnt done a single thing to the Turbo Cutlass in a little while. Was thinking about ripping an aluminum core support out of a 79 GP at that big salvage yard next week. Wanted to rip the fenders, core support and header panel off this winter, and putting on my nice header panel, and putting on that alum core support. Car needs paint, its just gone. There really isnt much shine left. It was painted the wrong shade of green years back.

Ive been a body guy for the last week. Put the new quarter on the Yeep, and have layed bondo for the last 3 days after school. Not bad for my first metal replacement job. Its all blocked decently smooth now too.

picture-1010.jpg

picture-1012.jpg

And ohh yeah, I gotta burn the last half a tank of 89 so I can throw some 91 in and swap my stock secondary meetering rods out for the ones out of my 455 and see what happens. Probably run fat ritch at WOT and have no difference but who knows. :confused:

Well, I havnt done a single thing to the Turbo Cutlass in a little while. Was thinking about ripping an aluminum core support out of a 79 GP at that big salvage yard next week. Wanted to rip the fenders, core support and header panel off this winter, and putting on my nice header panel, and putting on that alum core support. Car needs paint, its just gone. There really isnt much shine left. It was painted the wrong shade of green years back.

Ive been a body guy for the last week. Put the new quarter on the Yeep, and have layed bondo for the last 3 days after school. Not bad for my first metal replacement job. Its all blocked decently smooth now too.

picture-1010.jpg

picture-1012.jpg

not to bad so far. i see you are going to have a few low spots. nothing a little filler cant fix. nice work so far

beautiful October day today; rotated the Ciera wheels; found a 61 Corvair for $300, next to a 71-74 Nova and a 72-73, maybe 75 Charger/Satellite 2 door....hmmm i'm getting evil ideas for the Corvair or Nova lol; as they're GM cars....(turbo v6 in rear of Corvair, anyone? lol)