Before Black BS'ing thread.

You got a great deal, Charlie. I saw the add for that crank and aluminum rods. Pistons too? If I bring another crankshaft into the garage, I may be in trouble. I bought another 4.1 block as a spare. The cranking compression on my new build is coming up some and the oil filter is clean. May be time to go to the track after the holidays.

No pistons but I'm looking at options with the set up. It was 100% worth it since it drops the pin height and has some decent rods which will help make some power:cool: .

My firebird developed low oil pressure, 4PSI at hot idle, 20 PSI at cruise
Purchased a PTC 3400 stall converter
I had to move out of my garage I had been renting so the Cutlass is sitting outside
Learned that it takes 2 years to move into a garage and 2 days to move out
Learning how to run a lathe in the next few weeks so it looks like I will finally get to putting my 87 compressor into my 80 housing

Some ups, mostly downs.

No pistons but I'm looking at options with the set up. It was 100% worth it since it drops the pin height and has some decent rods which will help make some power:cool: .
Saw them for sale smokin dealif I did not already have new rods would have got them. You should definately have one wicked A_ _ b4black

Well so far it's looking up for me at least.;) I'm off the restictions from the hernia surgery and am making comission on my work now. So glad to be able to do the work I'm supposed to now.:cool:

Thats great news charlie! im glad your back in buisness and feeling alive! i bet desk work was killing ya eh?

What was killing me was the idiot assistant that didn't quite understand what my restrictions were even after he'd read them.:rolleyes: He thought I should be throwing tires 3 weeks ago and they weigh 150 lbs each.:eek: The restrictions were no bending, kneeling, squating, stooping, lifting more than 5 lbs, ect. Most of us in the shop hate working with him because of the way he behaves.

What was killing me was the idiot assistant that didn't quite understand what my restrictions were even after he'd read them.:rolleyes: He thought I should be throwing tires 3 weeks ago and they weigh 150 lbs each.:eek: The restrictions were no bending, kneeling, squating, stooping, lifting more than 5 lbs, ect. Most of us in the shop hate working with him because of the way he behaves.
lucky for me I like everyone at work, blow thw guy off he hates himself