Basic Torque converter question.......

Realspool

I have a PTE-44 turbo.It spools ok but i have to give it about 2500rpm's and then hit the throttle and it is a very torquey ride. .I have the stock 12 inch D5 but has been modified to a 3000 stall.I wanted to know if i bought a Vigilante 3200 9.5 single disc l/u would my PTE turbo spool faster even if i hit the throttle without giving it rpm's:confused:

that 3.73 final drive will effectively reduce stall speed as it will allow the stored driveline torque to overpower the tires at a lower rpm.this is a real world scenario.use our 3400 9/11 and itll drive like a stocker with low boost and instantly assist the turbo in spooling when brought up against the brakes and vehicle weight prior to launch ,putting a kool aid smile on your face:D and a scared straight look :eek: on your girlfriends face in the passenger seat.

Chris hanks for responding to my post.I am switching the gears to 3:42 with a 28 inch tire i have on it now.Even so traction problems might be a problem with a 3400 on BFG drag radials.This car will be my daily driver also. Realspool

itll be a baby with no boost on the street.it will be a baby on the street with no boost.it will be a baby on the street with no boost.no ,my record is not skipping.no boost =lo stall.more stall is more boost.more boost is more torque .more torque is more stall ,eventually we will reach max stall with max boost.see what i mean.the turbo motor torque convertor selection is not that of a typical normally aspirated internal; cumbustion engine.

A little confusing on your post when you said it will be a baby on the street.I have to admit i have had all manual trnsmissions and i have one in my 69 SS Camaro Big Block.I love the manual trans mission especially with the use of Nitrous.I am a beginner with these stall converters.All i know is for the street I have to have a lock up converter and since I will be putting a Garrett .63 exhaust housing after I take my Precision housing off.I should have some more bottom end power that will make it feel like a Big Block Chevy engine.