Bamford whips it out on the street

S2V6RACER

Banned
Well, we went out last night for a little fishing trip and to work on the tune after the new mods. Low and behold we run into this with his Saleen twin turbo F7. He pulls us over and we have a few cokes and he decides to call out Bamford for a little race and then wads came out and there was some serious wood on this race. The group of guys were crazy enough to shut down the freeway so we could get a mile or so of space since we knew this would be a BIG MPH race. Anyways, we started coming up on traffic a little too fast at 160+ we shut it down and now we have the cash to make the "Cruise in" at BG. Guess the mods and the tune tweaks with the HP tuner work. Not bad for a couple of guys that work on V6's out of their garages. Taking down a 1/2 mil super car feels pretty good. :eek:

What a night

zo6raceon8.jpg

Cool story Ted, I am confused was this in the GTO?
The picture looks like it was from a vette.

I would never replace it with my T. Would sure like to add it to my collection tho. That color is sweet! Those are light years ahead of anything in its price range.

Stopped by Daves today on the way home from the shop and the UPS man dropped this nice spoiler off and on it went. The car was getting a little loose up around 180 (Don't ask me where we did this), and Dave consulted Billy and he suggested the wing. ;) :biggrin:

vettespoilerrm0.jpg

Stopped by Daves today on the way home from the shop and the UPS man dropped this nice spoiler off and on it went. The car was getting a little loose up around 180 (Don't ask me where we did this), and Dave consulted Billy and he suggested the wing. ;) :biggrin:

vettespoilerrm0.jpg

That LITTLE wing will make a BIG difference:biggrin:

I can confirm what Bill said above, I was at Bill's shop Saturday picking up my car and as always Bill, not sure how you do the things you do but it was well worth the wait.

Thanks again for such great service from Anderson Performance.

Ted......look out.

So what were the terms of the race? 60-160 rolling or ?? The saleen could not hang with a "stock" C6 Z06?

How close was it?

Beautiful car, they respond well to exhaust mod's and a cam makes a big difference too.(good friend owns one)

I really can't talk about the mods, he is pretty serious about getting back out on the street for $$ if you get my drift.

We went at around 50+ and we when we shut down and I did not see where he was at when we lifted. He handed over the $$ and didn't really have much to say other than we really started pulling HARD on him at 90+. :eek:

JSB is a nice color. Kinda like the old Nassau blue. My Z is being delivered by transport tonight.

Curious as to why he chose a Corvette as a street drag car for money. Not really good launching cars and not a sleeper by any stretch.

Im so jealous if i could i would have a YELLOW one :biggrin: