Balancer and Flywheel for New Engine

FastGN007

I was planning on buying a new balancer and flywheel for my new engine. It looks like the balancers are discontinued and I was wondering what everyone is using. The engine combo is as follows:

stock 109 block .020
crank is .010 mains and .020 rods
clevite bearings
rods have been polished and shotpeened
ARP rod bolts
ARP main studs
JE pistons
Total Seal Gapless second ring pack

The pistons, pins, and rods are balanced within .5 gram of each other. If this were a race engine i would have it internally balanced and spend the $600 for a balancer and flywheel but this is primarily a street driven car. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Why buy a new one? They do not wear out, as they have no elastomer in them like a SBC. The flex plate is available from NAPA, nothing fancy there, either. BUT, if you repalce either one you need to re-balance the engine. If you want to step up to a BETTER balancer and FLex Plate (SFI approved) then use a BHJ balancer and a JW flex plate. FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page
FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page

If you had the engine balanced already, then you must re-use the balancer that it was balanced with, along with the flex plate. If not then it MUST be re-balanced again with the "new" stuff. Just leave it like it is.

Thanks for the reply. The only reason that I want to buy a new one is because my original flywheel and balancer is on my original engine that is still in the car. I bought a spare short block for it a few years ago and am getting it together now. The engine has not been balanced yet but I will need to take a balancer and flywheel to them in a couple weeks. The BHJ balancer and JW flexplate are nice but I was looking more towards stock.

Thanks,
Scott

Thanks for the reply. The only reason that I want to buy a new one is because my original flywheel and balancer is on my original engine that is still in the car. I bought a spare short block for it a few years ago and am getting it together now. The engine has not been balanced yet but I will need to take a balancer and flywheel to them in a couple weeks. The BHJ balancer and JW flexplate are nice but I was looking more towards stock.

Thanks,
Scott

I have a stock balancer and flywheel in exellent condition if your interested.