Bad Day Yesterday...

vicious6

Turbo Regal Obsessed
I had just finished putting some rear pads on my wifes 84 Mercedes 300D and had decided to take it and wash it off. Next thing I know I look to the left and see 80000LBS of Semi coming at me. The rest as they say is history.... :(

well, not as bad as I had expected...but it still sucks. As long as you are okay, that's the main thing.

vicious6 said:
I had just finished putting some rear pads on my wifes 84 Mercedes 300D and had decided to take it and wash it off. Next thing I know I look to the left and see 80000LBS of Semi coming at me. The rest as they say is history.... :(

What counts is that you're still around.
It's never nice to see a car in that condition, but people are hard to replace....

for a run in with a semi thats not bad. i don't know anyone thats walked away from an accident with a semi. i have one friend in the ground because of them.

BUT your missing the good part here. you can take the brake shoes/pads off and get a refund!

I drive truck for a living,scares the crap out of me every once in awhile.When people pull out in front of me or cut over in front of me.They don't stop worth a crap.Not saying you did anything wrong,trust me there's a ton of idiot truck drivers out there.

Thank guys for all the kind words, that really means alot. Now I am only concerned that I will get enough out of the car to buy my wife another! :confused:

I know it has been said, but at least you are okay. Good luck with the post-accident circus. I just went through this 2 months ago. This isn't my post, so I won't get into the details. Let me tell you this though...don't let the insurance company push you around. Don't be afraid to be firm (but keep it professional) with them.

Vicious, you are one lucky individual or higher powers were watching out for you. That damage looks like it just bounced off the front of the truck. Gotta give german enigneers credit...they build a strong cage. My uncle wasn't so lucky. You couldn't recognize his car in the photos. Your accident must have been slow speed impact.

Thank God you're ok. I'm sure your wife wouldn't mind the CLK to replace that... :biggrin: And I hope she doesn't read this and get any ideas... :cool:
Once again, we're all glad to see you're ok!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words, it really does mean alot. It certainly could have been alot worse. I really have to thank the Lord for getting me out of that one.
I am gonna try to talk the wife into a nice GS Regal or the like! :biggrin:

I have an old diesel mercedes, and must say that I look very carefully before pulling out in traffic. It is not so bad when the boost and fuel is turned up, but that kills the fuel economy therby defeating the purpose of having a diesel. Congrats on still being on the green side of grass!