back spacing help please!!

TurboV

Heavy,Black and Handsome.
Dont mean to start a stupiid question thread, but can someone help me with the correct backspacing on a 87 GN. fronts 18x8 and rears 18x9.5. I found a source for some wheels i like and need to know if they are available to fit my car. What do we call the lug pattern? some of these companys have different terminology. Thanks in advance..:confused:

18x8's you want to be a 4.50" backsetting
18x9.50's you want to be a 5.50" backsetting

This is the backsetting I used on a customers GN years ago that installed some Budniks.

I would verify that 5.5" rear spacing. I think you would need a frame notch with that much backspace. I run a 17 X 10 rear with 4.75" B.S. with rolled fender lips. :cool:

I would verify that 5.5" rear spacing. I think you would need a frame notch with that much backspace. I run a 17 X 10 rear with 4.75" B.S. with rolled fender lips. :cool:
+1 on the 4.75 BS. I'm running 18X10's and have the 4.75" as well.

thanks for the info. will my fender flares be ok or will they rub in back? Also.. DJ Red Barron, what size tires are you running , front and back? (Front 18x8?)

thanks for the info. will my fender flares be ok or will they rub in back? Also.. DJ Red Barron, what size tires are you running , front and back? (Front 18x8?)
With a full tank of fuel and on large bumps, I had some rubbing. I put the air bladders from Summit on the car and put just a small amount of air in. Problem solved.

Tire size:
F - 18X8, 4.5 BS (I don't have the front tire size right in front of me at the moment but I will dig it up for you when i next see my car :redface: ). I did run a set of spacers on the front wheels so they would come out more even with the flares.

R - 18X10, 4.75 BS on a 285/35/18.