Back in the turbo game

tazgn

Hey guys. I still lurk around here just because the TR community is the best community I've ever been around. Well, I finally got the rest of my twin turbo system in about a week ago and got the car going today. Just some shakedown 7 psi runs around salt lake and it's pretty impressive. Now to start tuning it. I'm going to try and attach a pic of the setup below. Much faster than the stock LS6 with a supercharger. Now up in the range of the old GN. And that's only with 7 psi. I built the motor to run 20 psi (8.6:1 CR) and can't wait to turn up the boost.

Derrick

Attachments

• turbos 1a.jpg
    turbos 1a.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 110
  • turbos 2a.jpg
    turbos 2a.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 114
Welcome back Derrick. Very nice looking set-up you got there. BTW, what did you do with the stock LS6?:smile:

The LS6 shortblock is sitting in the crate the C5R block came in to be saved with the car until eternity... The heads and intake were sold to help offset some of the cost of the C5R. And some of the misc. components (front cover, freeze plugs, etc.) made their way onto the new motor. I know people are using the FAST intake with 14 psi. My stock LS6 intake (also composite) lasted a year with 8 psi from the supercharger. So, I'm just hoping it will last. I'll probably buy the FAST burst plug eventually to protect it. But even that goes around 30 psi...

The wierdest thing is that my car is now quiet. With the swaintech coatings, turbos, and Borla exhaust, it porbably cut the noise in half. In fact my wife's Charger SRT-8 is now the loudest car we own (and it sounds BAD A$$).

Derrick