Back In a GN

erfig

After 10 years i bought a gn. Had to sell my 1st one to buy a house. found an 87 gn in good cond needs a paint job and few things. Would like to get this one running strong ( dam kids with these rice burners ) but dont know were to start. things have changed and would like to do it right and once. would like a street driven low 10 sec car if poss. my question is were do i start. would like to freshen up the motor over the winter but for now want to get the rest done. any help would be great. very exited.

Congrats on the purchase! Where are you located at? Im sure someone lives near you that could help. Start with "spring cleaning",Scanmaster, alky kit,chip,injectors,exhaust,etc. depends on how much you want to spend. You can find tons of used or new parts here. In about 3 weeks my motor should be done i will have a bunch of bolt ons for sale that i will post on here if interested.

Before you spend any $$$ search...search...search. Plenty of info for a fast street car and how to do it, but in the end it will be your tune. Learn and go slow and it will SAVE you $$$.

Hey Chuck thankx for that link.. I just spent 2 hrs reading all the things on that website.. Im going to be a buyer this summer and i willl further read the info on there... Its going to help me out tremendously... thank again
Phill

Thanks for the response. I'm up in north west jersey Sussex county. spoke to full throttle and ordered some stuff. its really changed since i was involved. back with my first car it ran low 10's with dfi turbo fuel etc. did most of our racing in English town then got hooked up with the late racing jayson. rip my brother. and traveled the country match racing and competing. rubbed elbows with the guys like kenny duttweiler , stormin normen, the late steve grabeck. cant believe how technology progressed. like a kid with his first car. thanks again for everyone's input. Parts ordered so far are scanmaster, fuel pump, hot wire, fuel reg, chip, i have blue stripped inj 32# i think. have to switch over to vac breaks and i think the tranny has a shift kit. next looking a alky sys and a torch conv with a boost control. want to work my way back to a low 10 car but this time full body. as for the motor want to freshen it up over the winter hopefully. what do you think

Thanks for the response. I'm up in north west jersey Sussex county. spoke to full throttle and ordered some stuff. its really changed since i was involved. back with my first car it ran low 10's with dfi turbo fuel etc. did most of our racing in English town then got hooked up with the late racing jayson. rip my brother. and traveled the country match racing and competing. rubbed elbows with the guys like kenny duttweiler , stormin normen, the late steve grabeck. cant believe how technology progressed. like a kid with his first car. thanks again for everyone's input. Parts ordered so far are scanmaster, fuel pump, hot wire, fuel reg, chip, i have blue stripped inj 32# i think. have to switch over to vac breaks and i think the tranny has a shift kit. next looking a alky sys and a torch conv with a boost control. want to work my way back to a low 10 car but this time full body. as for the motor want to freshen it up over the winter hopefully. what do you think

Looks like your heading in right direction and definately aren't new to this. Just the parts are new:smile:

i cant believe they"re running so well being stock appearing. just need to find a tuner near sussex nj.