back fire, bent pushrod

If the engine is grounded well enough to turn the starter it's grounded plenty well enough to ground the O2

That worn lifter means the engine has to come out and get stripped to the bare block. Make sure to toss any oil coolers and measure the side clearance on the turbo shaft.

one lifter is worn cylinder number three about a 1/16
The lobe is likely wasted. If you have the pan off you can see up through the bottom of the engine. I'd be pulling the pan anyway

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

not my car friend of mine, if it was mine the motor would be out too, but he cant aford it at the moment trying to get another 50,000 out of it any insight on why o2 reading are like that??????????

any insight on why o2 reading are like that??????????
If you have any valve problem , bad cam , sticking valve , or broke valve springs or ect the combustion will not be right give all kind of crazy readings from the O2 , Just my OP .

What chip? When are you seeing low o2's? Whats the blm # doing?

Also what are the settings in the translator?

any dead cylinder will pump unburned air into the exhaust stream , with only 6 cylinders thats 17% lean if only one hole isnt working
could be a bad maf but without a full functional valvetrain worrying about the 02 is like worrying about what shoes to go out in when you dont have any pants on

have you done a compression and a leak down test, might as well pull the cam and verify the condition of the timing chain while your there , replace both and you might get a few miles out of it but the odds arent in your favor as many have tried the shortcut method only to have to do it all over and then some

50,00 miles with a wiped cam and the metal through the motor is asking alot , when my lobe went i was lucky to make a it 50 miles homes from the track and by that time i had zero oil pressure at idle and had worn down the block behind the cam .

and i dont know how you checked D6 pin but to check you need to pull the connector and with an ohmeter check that pin for ground , I dont think thats your problem

not my car friend of mine, if it was mine the motor would be out too, but he cant aford it at the moment trying to get another 50,000 out of it any insight on why o2 reading are like that??????????

You buddy would have better odds with getting struck by lightning while winning the lottery.

You buddy would have better odds with getting struck by lightning while winning the lottery.
...while being 100% successful playing pick up sticks with your butt cheeks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

LOL...for all the funny ones.

If he is trying to get any more miles, he will need to be looking at his engine - closely.
i.e. Cam, which means the timing cover / front end comes off
There is just so much you could or should do with the engine in the cradle.

It's not even that many bolts and wires to yank it out.
SBC maybe not - but not like taking a Vette motor out either.

I know I'll get blasted - but if he's looking for another 50,000 miles - this sounds like a DD.
Good luck having one of these cars to rely on to be able to rush granny to the emergency room if she chokes on a chicken bone.
But best o' luck.

Tearing it down now is going to be an expensive pain in the ass....

Shooting for 50K more just to be left stranded is going to be a VERY expensive pain in the ass. At least right now the block can most likely be reused.