Awesome Radiator From Red C5

HeatleyRacing

I just wanted to thank Peter (REDC5) for hooking me up with the new Aluminum radiator for the 87. Packaging was EXCELLENT and the the radiator is a sweet looking and working piece. Bolted right up using all my stock lines etc, he returned my calls quickly and got the unit shipped in plenty of time for me to be ready for racing and car shows this holiday weekend. Anyone with cooling issues should give him a ring..

THANKS PETER

HMM. Pictures did not load for me. I know you must have posted them, right?

Yep, it is a super nice unit.

radiator.jpg

I just wanted to thank Peter (REDC5) for hooking me up with the new Aluminum radiator for the 87. Packaging was EXCELLENT and the the radiator is a sweet looking and working piece. Bolted right up using all my stock lines etc, he returned my calls quickly and got the unit shipped in plenty of time for me to be ready for racing and car shows this holiday weekend. Anyone with cooling issues should give him a ring..

THANKS PETER

+2 Got mine from Peter back in April and I still love it! :smile: :smile: :smile: I painted mine and you can't even tell it's aftermarket. No need to advertise it's in there...

+2 Got mine from Peter back in April and I still love it! :smile: :smile: :smile: I painted mine and you can't even tell it's aftermarket. No need to advertise it's in there...

I thought about painting mine, But I figured why dampen any of the aluminums heat disapating ability with paint.. Im going out to shoot a few pics to keep the natives from getting restless ;)

So what car was that one made for or is it a custom made unit?

do you have the size of this one? wXhXl ? Core size?

This one has (2) 1 -1/4" rows. Peter keeps them in stock, The tanks are maybe a touch wider than my stock one and the core is the width of the tanks . I would guess its specific to the GN since its a direct fit drop in. The only thing that isnt EXACTLY the same as my stock one was that the two tranny cooler bungs are spread a bit further apart than stock. I actually had to cut the vibration pad that the two lines go through on the side of the tank in half so I could spread them an inch and each line still had a pad on it. My car is running
167* today in the 95* humid Tennessee sun. Cant ask any more than that from a radiator with the oil and tranny cooler still in it..

Mine works great, just installed it a month a ago with then new engine. Decided to just use the built in oil cooler and have not had any issues with cooling. The highest recorded temp on a hot day was 178* with the A/C on. I filled the radiator with distilled water and RMI-25, also running dual fans.

So no one has the size of these?

I replied that it was the same size as stock, Except the core is the same width as the tanks, On the stock one the core is an inch less than the tanks.
If you are trying to fit it for something else, I can get the actual measurements for you later,, Let me know..

Peter is good people.
I am trying to get him to sponsor me. LOL